Indian Navy Recruitment 2020: Apply for B.Tech Entry Scheme
The Ministry of Defence, India has released a notification for Naval Recruitment. The announcement is about four years B.Tech/B.E course. The course is under the Cadet Entry scheme 2021. Only male candidates can apply for this recruitment process. They can apply only if they have appeared in the JEE (Main) for B.Tech/B.E., 2020. The candidate’s marital status should be single.
The Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 notification is one of the few recruitment procedures that is seen to happen this year. The present pandemic situation has caused a massive loss in all sectors including education. But, this notification has provided scope to the 10+2 students to go ahead with their career. The qualifying candidates will get to be a part of the distinguished Indian Naval Academy (INA), Kerela.
The application procedure starts on October 1, 2020. The last date of submission is October 20, 2020.
The segregation will happen after the exam. The division will be in three branches. The branches are Education, Executive, and Technical. There are 5 posts in the branch of Education. Whereas, in the technical and executive branches there are 29 posts available.
The candidate should be born between 2nd July 2001, and 1st January 2004. The limit includes both the mentioned dates.
- The candidate should have passed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or any equivalent exam.
- The applicant should have a score of at least 70% from any board for being eligible for the recruitment process. The score should be inclusive of marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. 50% is the minimum required marks in English (either in 10th or in 12th).
- The candidates will get the call up for SSB according to their AIR JEE (Main), 2020. The NTA will publish the Service Selection Rank.
- The venue for the interview cannot be changed.
Process of Selection for Indian Navy Recruitment 2020:
The final selection will happen based on the SSB interview process. The interview will occur in either Bengaluru or Vishakhapatnam or Kolkata. The process will start from November 2020 and end in January 2021.
The SSB will interview two stages. The following are the stages:
- Stage I: In the first stage, there will be an Intelligence test, Picture Perception, and Group Discussion. This is an Elimination round. Failing in this round will disqualify the candidate.
- Stage II: Stage II is a four-day assessment. It consists of Psychological testing, Group testing, and Interview. The qualifying candidates will undergo Medical Tests after stage II. The duration of the Medical Examination is around 3 to 5 days.
- There will be no relaxation in the standards of medical test. But, there will be relaxation in height standards.
- Standards of vision: Distant vision 6/6 is acceptable. 6/9 can be corrected with glasses. But, the candidate cannot be colourblind.
- In the website of the Indian Navy, the domiciles of particular regions are present.
- Commencement of training will be from January 2021. If there is any change, it will be notified to the candidates.
- For latest updates, follow the official website of the Indian Navy.
Procedure to Apply for Indian Navy Recruitment 2020:
- Applicants should register in the official website of Indian Navy.
- The application form will be available from 6th October 2020. But, they can fill the form only after registration.
- The candidates must have the relevant documents before filling up the form.
- The applicants can also complete the process of application by using the Adhaar Card. But, before proceeding, the applicant should make sure to link a mobile number and an address to Adhaar Card.
- In the application form, the details should be filled according to either the 10th Certificate or 12th certificate.
- For further details, go to the official website.
Offerings of the Indian Navy to the qualifiers:
Cost to Company (CTC):
For a Sub- Lieutenant, CTC will be around Rs. 72,000/- to Rs. 82,000/- per month. The CTC is inclusive of all allowances and payments.
Payment and Allowance:
In addition to the gross pay, the Indian Navy offers other facilities like CSD, LTC, and many others. They will get House Rent Allowance, DA, Basic Pay, Grade Pay, in addition to Transport Allowance. The list of services provided is given on the official website. The Technical Officers get the technical Allowance exclusively. The qualified Pilots, Submariners, and other personnel have allowances exclusively for them.
Group Insurance and Gratuity:
The Indian Navy provides with Rs. 1 crore basic insurance. On the other hand, Gratuity is granted according to the latest rules to the officers.
Promotions are based on the performance of the candidates while on the job. The areas which are judged are sea time, time is taken to complete a course, and medical condition.
The Indian Navy gives the scope for several indoor and outdoor sports. On the other hand, they also give the scope of adventure sports like scuba diving, paragliding, and mountaineering.
The Indian Navy gives leaves on an annual and casual basis to the officers on commission. Whereas, the policies are different for the people undergoing training.
Important notes to Apply for Posts in Indian Navy :
- Read the instructions carefully. Recheck after filling the form.
- Even though the candidates will be informed about the updates, they should keep an eye of the website.
- Do not give wrong information. Because the forms will be verified. The authorities can reject the form if they find it to be invalid.
- Make sure to fill the form with enough time in hand. Because, after the closure of the e-application, they will not provide with extra time.