The Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is preparing to conduct the National Qualifiers Test 2020-2021. The company started taking this multi-level examination from 2018. Since its beginning, the NQT grabs the attention of a largely young crowd. Last time, there were over 3 lakh participants from more than two thousand colleges. As it is a great scope for the jobseekers in the entry-level.
NQT provides job opportunities to thousands every year. The scorecard obtained from the test has a validity of 2 years. However, the pattern of the examination this year will be different from the past. Because of the pandemic, the Tata Consultancy Services decided to carry out the online test for three days. It will lessen the rush in the examination centres.
Important Dates for National Qualifiers Test 2020-2021:
- Initiation of Application: September 26, 2020
- End of Application: October 17, 2020
- Commencement of Test: October 24/25/26, 2020
Steps to follow to Register for NQT(National Qualifiers Test) ?
It is a two-step Registration Process. This process is exclusively for the candidates whose year of passing is 2021.
Step 1: Registration
- The candidates need to enrol themselves in the website of NQT.
Refer to: National Qualifier Test Registration
- In the website, choose the “Register Now” icon to proceed with the formalities.
- Further, click on “Subject Test” to go through the Programming Test. This section is important because it ensures if the applicant is eligible to appear for the Hiring Process.
- The candidates who have a CT/DT Reference ID will have to choose the “IT” option after clicking the “Register Now” option.
- The applicants who do not have the CT/DT Reference ID will have to go for the “Login” option and proceed with filling up the form.
- After filling the form, the candidates will have to choose the “Apply for Drive” option. It will be automatically visible on the screen.
- The candidate will have to update the Registration number (NQT) that they will obtain after completing point in the first bullet.
Step 2: Navigation
- The applicants have to further the procedure by navigating to the “next step” website.
- Confirmation of the process of application is possible. The candidate has to go to the tab “Track Your Application” on the portal link given above. If the process is successful, the screen will show “Applied for Drive”.
Often Asked Question by the Applicant/ FAQ:
- Is it compulsory to “Apply For Drive”?
BA: Yes, for appearing in the NQT, a candidate has to apply for the drive prior to the end of application dates.
- What to do if I fail to get the “Apply For Drive” option on my screen?
A: The Option “Apply for Drive” will only be available for the applicants who are going complete their Graduation in Technical subjects of Engineering in 2021. The M.E., MCA, B.Tech, B.E, M.Sc, and M.Tech 2021 applicants should go through this process.
- What to do if an applicant forgets his/her NQT Registration ID?
A: The candidate who completes the process successfully can find the Registration Number in the e-mail Id with which they have registered.
- When will the candidates receive their hall tickets?
A: The candidates will receive the online link of their hall tickets before 2 days of commencement of the test.
- When will the interview process take place?
A: The candidates who will be shortlisted will be communicated via e-mail. The selection process will be solely based on the performance of the candidates in the NQT.
- I registered myself with a wrong ID, can it be changed?
A: Yes, it can be changed. Go to https://nextstep.tcs.com and click the “Edit Drive Detail” option. You can change it till October 17, 2020.