The Staff Selection Commission will employ Junior Engineers in many departments (SSC JE). Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Contracts and Quality Survey are the recruiting departments. The SSC Recruitment 2020 will give a chance to several engineers. Also, it is a fine opportunity for those who are looking for a good prospectus to initiate their career.
Also Read: TCS NQT 2020-2021: Eligibility and Syllabus
Pay Scale for the Junior Engineer Vacancies:
The posts are open in various Organizations/Ministries. However, the pay scale remains the same irrespective of it. The vacant positions are for Group B posts. On the other hand, these are Non-Gazette posts for all engineers.
Pay Scale: Level 6 in the pay matrix. Besides, it is equivalent to Rs 35,400-11,2400/-. It is according to the 7th Pay Commission of the Central Government.
Starting Date for Applying: 1st October 2020
Ending Date for Applying: 30th October 2020, Till 11:30 PM
Last Date of Fee payment: 1st November 2020, Till 11:30 PM
However, challan payment is possible till 3rd November 2020. But, within the working hours of the bank. Besides, generate the challan before 3rd November 2020, 11:30 PM.
Release of Admit Card for Tier I: March 2021
Date of Examination for Tier I in SSC JE: March 22-25, 2021
Result Declaration for Tier I: April 2021
Date fo Examination for Tier II SSC JE: Not declared
Application Fees for SSC Vacancies:
The candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs. 100/-
Age Limit for SSC Vacancies:
The limit is according to the age of the candidate as on 1st January 2021. However, the limitation is different for various posts:
- For most of the posts, the age limit is up to 30 years.
- However, for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical) in Central Public Works Department (CPWD), the limit is 32 years.
- Also, the Age limitation for the posts of Junior Engineer (Civil and Mechanical) in Central Water Commission is 32 years.
- For the applicants who are SC/ST, the relaxation is of 5 years.
- OBC applicants it is 3 years.
- For Persons with Disabilities (PwD), it is 10 years.
- PwD+OBC, it is 13 years.
- For PwD+ST/SC, it is 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen have a relaxation of 3 years post-reduction of Military Service rendered from their present age.
- The candidates who were Defence Personnel. Besides, were disabled during Operation while at hostilities with any other nation have a relaxation of 3 years.
- Also, the candidates who were Defence Personnel. Besides, were disabled during Operation while at hostilities with any other nation have a relaxation of 8 years.
The pattern of Examination for SSC Recruitment 2020:
The Examination for SSC JE will happen in two divisions paper 1 and paper 2. Both of them are elimination steps.
- Computer-Based Exam
- Total Marks: 200
- Number of Questions: 200
- Duration: 2 hours
- Nature of paper: Objective (MCQ)
- Syllabus and Division of Marks:
- Reasoning and General Intelligence: 50 Marks
- General Awareness: 50 Marks
- General Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical or Civil and Structural): 100 Marks
- Conventional Type Exam
- Total Marks: 300
- Number of Questions: NA
- Duration: 2 hours
- Nature of Paper: Descriptive
- General Engineering (Electrical/Civil and Structural/Mechanical)
How to Register/Apply for SSC JE?
- First, go to the Official Website. Submit the application in online mode only.
- To Register Login to The Official Website of SSC
- Fill all the credentials carefully.
- Candidates need to have a scanned coloured photo (passport size). Besides, it should be in JPEG Format. Also, the size should be between 20Kb to 50Kb.