I’m sorry to hear about the tragic accident involving the 14-year-old schoolgirl. E-scooters can be a convenient and fun mode of transportation, but it’s important to always prioritize safety when using them. Here are a few tips for staying safe on an e-scooter:
- Wear a helmet: A helmet can help protect your head in the event of a fall or collision.
- Follow traffic laws: E-scooters are considered vehicles and are subject to the same traffic laws as cars. This means you should stop at stop signs, yield to pedestrians, and follow the speed limit.
- Stay visible: Wear bright, reflective clothing and use lights or reflectors on your e-scooter to make it easier for others to see you.
- Stay sober: Don’t drink alcohol or use drugs before riding an e-scooter. Substance use can impair your judgment and reaction time, which can increase your risk of an accident.
- Stay aware: Pay attention to your surroundings and be aware of potential hazards, such as potholes or debris in the road.
By following these safety tips, you can help reduce your risk of an accident while riding an e-scooter.