Table of Contents
Sacred Games is an Indian web television thriller Emmy nominated series based on Vikram Chandra’s 2006 novel of the same name. The first Netflix original series in India, it is directed by Vikramaditya Motwane and Anurag Kashyap who produced it under their banner Phantom Films. The novel was adapted by Varun Grover, Smita Singh, and Vasant Nath. Kelly Luegenbiehl, Erik Barmack, and Motwane served as the executive producers.
- Saif Ali Khan – Inspector Sartaj Singh
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui – Ganesh Gaitonde
- Radhika Apte – Anjali Mathur
- Pankaj Tripathi – Khanna Guruji
- Kalki Koechlin – Batya Abelman
- Ranvir Shorey – Shahid Khan
- Neeraj Kabi – DCP Dilip Parulkar
- Jatin Sarna – Deepak “Bunty Sharma” Shinde
- Kubra Sait – Kukkoo
- Jitendra Joshi – Constable Ashok Katekar
- Rajshri Deshpande – Subhadra
- Elnaaz Norouzi – Zoya Mirza/Jamila
- Luke Kenny – Malcolm Mourad
- Aamir Bashir – Inspector Majid Ali Khan
- Geetanjali Thapa – Nayanika Sehgal
- Surveen Chawla – Jojo Mascarenas
- Shalini Vatsa – Kanta Bai
- Amruta Subhash – Kusum Devi Yadav
- Girish Kulkarni – Bipin Bhosale
- Anupriya Goenka – Megha Singh
- Affan Khan – Young Sartaj Singh
- Sunny Pawar – Young Ganesh Gaitonde
- Danish Pandor – Bada Badariya
- Anil Mange – Chota Badariya
- Vikram Kochar – Mathu
- Samir Kochhar – ACIO Markand
- Chittaranjan Tripathy – Trivedi
- Rajendra Shisatka – ASI Dhobale
- Sukhmani Sadana – Mikki
- Muni Jha – Paritosh Shah
- Karan Wahi – Karan Malhotra
- Nawab Shah – Salim Kaka
- Saanand Verma – Purushottam Baria
- Jaipreet Singh – Constable Dilbagh Singh
- Saurabh Sachdeva – Suleiman Isa
- Neha Shitole – Shalini Katekar
- Smita Tambe – ATS Analyst Rama
- Harshita Gaur – Mary Mascarenas
- Priyanka Setia – Harsha Baria
- Sandesh Kulkarni – Gaitonde’s Father
- Vibhavari Deshpande – Gaitonde’s Mother
- Joy Sengupta – Mathur
- Amey Wagh – Kushal
Also Read: AmazOn Prime Series- During Lockdown Days
Also Read: sherlock-season-5
The first season premiered on 5 July 2018 on Netflix.
Ashwathama – A mysterious phone call from an anonymous man leads police officer Sartaj Singh on a chase around Mumbai in a dangerous cat-and-mouse game.
Halahala – News of Ganesh Gaitonde’s death activates the political forces in Mumbai. The Internal tension in the police department results in Sartaj Singh’s suspension, forcing him to begin his own investigation.
Aatapi Vatapi – The woman found in the bunker leads Sartaj to Gaitonde’s thug, Bunty. In a flashback, Gaitonde recalls stealing a lucky charm from rival Suleiman Isa.
Brahmahatya – TV starlet Nayanika visits Bunty with a hidden camera. In the mid-’80s, Gaitonde discovers a racket even more lucrative than drugs and guns: politics.
Sarama – To save Nayanika, Sartaj intervenes during a RAW operation. In 1992, as political unrest increases, so does the bloodshed from Gaitonde and Isa’s feud.
Pretakalpa – When Sartaj’s constable, Katekar, is pressured to investigate the disappearance of a young man from a Muslim slum, disastrous consequences follow.
Rudra – Hoping to tie up the many loose ends of their case, Sartaj and Anjali reunite to figure out how the enigmatic Trivedi is linked to Gaitonde’s prophecy.
Yayati – To save Mumbai from impending doom, Sartaj races against time to find out who Gaitonde’s third father is and what’s planned to happen on the 25th day.
The second season was released on 15 August 2019.
Matsya – After making a discovery in Gaitonde’s bunker, Sartaj joins a mission to foil a deadly conspiracy. In 1994, Gaitonde resurfaces in a new location.
Siduri – With the terrorist cell investigation underway, Sartaj visits Guruji’s ashram. In the late ’90s, Gaitonde is urged to seek a spiritual anchor.
Apasmara – Sartaj traces how Shahid khan’s nuclear consignment was delivered to India. in early 2000, Gaitonde takes bold action to maintain his notoriety.
Bardo – Sartaj’s team tries to reach Shahid Khan via an internet chatroom. In 2003, Gaitonde’s growing disenchantment with his life brings him closer to Guruji.
Vikarna – As Sartaj’s team baits a trap for Shahid Khan, Majid suspects a department member. Immersed in ashram life, Gaitonde learns of Guruji’s lethal plans.
Azrael – Batya lets Sartaj in on several secrets, leaving him reeling and conflicted. Gaitonde returns to Mumbai to set Guruji’s destructive plan in motion.
Torino – After committing a drastic act, Gaitonde can’t silence Guruji’s voice in his mind. Parulkar reaches a shocking realization. Sartaj makes a breakthrough.
Tadcliffe – Unsettling truths, complex betrayals and unforeseen connections emerge for Sartaj, Gaitonde and Shahid Khan as doomsday descends on Mumbai.
Sacred games won the Best Drama Award at the News18 iReel Awards. It won five awards from 11 nominations including Best Actor (Drama) for Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Best Supporting Actor for Jitendra Joshi, Best Writing (Drama), Best Ensemble Cast, and Best Series (Drama). Kashyap won the Best Direction (fiction) Award while Aarti Bajaj won the Award for Best Editing at the inaugural Asian Academy Creative Awards. It also won Best Web Series award at 18th Indian Television Academy Awards. Season 2 was also nominated in the Best Drama category at the International Emmy Award 2019, but did not win.
Expectation From Sacred Games Season 3:
As it has not yet been confirmed to be returning, no information has been released yet about Sacred Games season 3. But given that season two ended on an extremely dramatic cliffhanger, the show is expected to follow reveal what happen after the screen cut to black. The series ended on a huge cliffhanger when it was revealed that Sartaj had three attempts to break the code and stop the nuclear bomb set to destroy Mumbai. Just as he put in the final code and waited to see if it was the correct combination, the screen dramatically cut to black.
However, fans do know that if the series is to continue, it will no longer follow the plot of the original novel of the same name by Chandra. Sartaj Singh actor Saif Ali Khan spoke about a third season to Press Trust of India. He said revealed to the Indian publication: “This story ends at the end of this season. “So I don’t know if they will extend it. [But] There is always scope for more.” Show runner Vikramaditya Motwane also revealed in an interview with the Hindustan Times that after season two they will have run out of the source material of novel. As a result, the show runner revealed that they are likely to follow a similar pattern to how Game of Thrones continued beyond George RR Martin’s novels. He told the publication: “Should things go on we’ll make things up.”
Season 3 Twists & Turns:
- In season 2 in the last episode when Sartaj try to unlock the pattern .Only one attempt is remaining for unlocking it or diffuse the atom bomb .Then he tries his father’s pattern which is in kalchakra book of guruji. It the main reason or big mystery which is kept for season 3.
- In season 3 they can show the story of Guruji. They can show us how a ordinary person has become Guruji.
- Why Ganesh Gaitonde has chosen for the task.Or why Guruji chose Ganesh for that task. This can be also shown in season 3.
- Sahid Khan is a cousin of Sartaj? Are you shocked.I also shocked when I saw this. In season 2 the short story of Shahid khan’s mother also shown who originally a Panjabi girl ,went to Pakistan.But when the story ends sartaj’s mother is holding a old picture of her and Shahid’s mother. So I think they can be sisters. These are only expectations from season 3.Season 3 confirmation is still on hold.
Other Popular Upcoming Netflix Titles:
- Spelling the Dream
- Baki (Part 3)
- Queer Eye (Season 5)
- 13 Seasons Why (Season 4)
- A Whisker Away
- Da 5 Bloods
- The Order (Season 2
- The Old Guard
- Selling Sunset (Season 3)
- The Umbrella Academy (Season 2)
- Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga
- The Politician (Season 2)
- Pokemon: Journeys (Season 1)
- Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts (Season 2)
- F is for Family (Season 4)
For more upcoming Entertainment updates stay tuned to Aware earth – Entertainment.