Course on Computer Concepts(CCC): The world is running on Computers and the Internet in today’s scenario. Also, crucial jobs need these facilities. Computers act as catalysts, they bring ease to our lives. However, to use computers, one needs to have knowledge of it. Most of the people of our nation are from rural areas. Hence, it is difficult for them to access such lessons.
The Government of India has come up with a computer literacy programme. The name of the program is Course on Computer Concepts (CCC). With the National Task Force on Information Technology and Software Development, this is happening all over India. The design of the course is by the National Institute of Electronics and Information and Technology (NIELIT). By attending this course, common people can learn the basics. Also, they will get a certificate at the end of the course which can be beneficial to get employment.
Benefits of CCC:
- Enlightens with the basic courses of a computer.
- Besides, it provides with a certificate that helps in employment.
- Also, it increases confidence among the participants.
- Helps people to build their career full-fledged.
- It also teaches how to communicate through e-mails and maintain e-documents. This will help the candidates to improve their communications. Besides, it will help to expand their businesses.
Eligibility Criteria for CCC:
The candidates can enrol themselves irrespective of their past educational qualification. However, they have to enrol in either of three modes:
- NIELIT Sponsorship: The candidates can appear for the CCC Examination through an Institute. But, it should have the permission of NIELIT to conduct the course.
- Government Schools and College: There are school and colleges that conduct such courses. However, not all government schools can do so. They need to have a Unique Identity Number from NIELIT to take the course.
- Direct Application: People can apply directly as well. i.e. without the approval of an institute.
Duration of CCC:
The Course of Computer Concepts is a course of 80 hours. On the other hand, it has three segments. The segments are:
- Practical and
The Theory portion needs a duration of 25 hours.
However, Practicals require a duration of 500 hours.
On the other hand, the Tutorials require a total of 5 hours.
CCC Examination Schedule:
- The application and examination happen every month. However, the examination does not happen in January and June. There are 10 cycles of exam in Course on Computer Concepts:
- February Examination: Candidates can enrol from November 1 to December 31. On the other hand, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of February.
- March Examination: Candidates can register from January 1 to 31. On the other hand, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of March.
- April Examination: Candidates can enrol from February 1 to 28/29. However, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of April.
- May Examination: Candidates can enrol from March 1-31. On the other hand, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of May.
- June Examination: Applicants can enrol from April 1 to 30. On the other hand, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of June.
- August Examination: Candidates can register from May 1 to June 30. However, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of August.
- September Examination: Candidates can enrol from July 1-31. On the other hand, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of September.
- October Examination: Candidates can enrol from August 1-31. On the other hand, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of October.
- November Examination: Candidates can register from September 1-30. On the other hand, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of November.
- December Examination: Applicants can enrol from October 1 to 31. However, the exam will happen on 1st Saturday of December.
Fee Structure of CCC:
Course plus Registration Fee:
The applicants need to pay Rs. 100/- as registration Fee. Also, they will have to pay extra service taxes.
Course plus Examination Fee:
The candidates will have to pay an amount of Rs. 500/- as the examination fee. Besides, the applicants should pay service taxes.
Course plus Exam plus Certification Fee:
The aspirants need to pay Rs.500/-. In addition, GST is applicable.
- The Fee for re-issuance of the certificate (For Correction Purpose): The payable amount is Rs. 50/-
- Besides, Fee for re-issuance (For cases of mutilation): The payable amount is Rs. 100/-
- Also, Fee for re-issuance (For cases of lost certificates): The payable amount is Rs. 100/-
Mode of Payment for CCC:
The candidates can use either of the options of payment like:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- NEFT and
Process of Certification:
Since 2014, the NIELIT is providing the e-certificates of CCC only. The participants of CCC can download their certificates online. Also, They need to follow a few steps to get their respective certificates:
- Go to the NIELIT Portal.
- Provide your credentials.
- Also, check/verify the details in the certificate.
- After verification, Tap the “SUBMIT” option.
- OTP will be sent to the registered phone number and email id. Verify it.
- Thereafter, verify the Digital Signature.
- The candidates can download their certificates after completing the process of verification.
- Also, the certificate will be in the PDF format. The participants can take a print out of it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What is the age limit of CCC?
There is no age limit for CCC. Anyone can undergo the course.
Do the applicants need to submit a hard copy of their forms of application?
No, there is no need for any document.
Can a candidate re-apply in case of failure in the previous exam?
Yes, a candidate can apply multiple times. However, not in the same exam cycle.
Who issues the certificate of CCC?
NIELIT awards with CCC certificate to the candidates who qualify in the exam.
Where to submit the Form of Examination?
The applicants should submit the forms at the NIELIT centres.
How long is the course?
The CCC is an 80 Hour Course.
Is it important enrol in CCC to get government jobs?
No, however, it helps in improving your scores.
How is the marking system of CCC?
The examinees get their scores in terms of grades:
S- 85% and above
A- 75% to 84%
B- 65% to 74%
C- 55% to 64%
D- 50% to 54%
F- Below 50% (Fail)