Karan Johar Birthday: One of the most popular and renowned filmmakers of the Bollywood industry, Karan Johar was born on May 25 in the year 1972. He made his directorial debut in 1998 with the romantic, comedy, and drama movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai in the year 1998. Which went on to be a blockbuster at the box office.
Here are some fun facts about the multi-talented personal:
- He had acted in the movie “Bombay Velvet” which did not quite turn out well in the box office. However, very few know that he charged a mere fee of Rs.11 for his role.
- His father Yash Johar actually wanted his son to pursue a career in acting and was keen on launching him into the film industry. However, fate had different plans for him.
- Johar is the first Indian filmmaker to have had been a jury member in the Miss World Competition. He was a part of the Jury in the Miss World Competition which took place in Poland on September 30 in the year 2006.
- He earlier had a superstitious belief to name all his movies starting from “K” and believed that the numerology had something to do with the success of his movies. However later abandoned the belief.
- The second blockbuster movie of his film career “Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham” was the first Indian movie over which a book has been written. Which talks about the backgrounds, behind the scenes and ‘making up’ of the movie.
- The Hollywood movie “Before Sunset” was actually the source from where Johar picked up the idea for his movie “Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna”. He had watched the movie “Before Sunset” during his trip to London and on the same day had seen a married couple parting ways in a restaurant which had him moved.
- His main ambition and dream in life is to walk with glory at Oscar’s red carpet and also to win an Academy Award. To add on to his enthusiasm in the same, he has also already prepared a speech for the same and keeps practicing it so much so he has it learned by heart! He desires to say “This is for you, India” while holding his dream trophy.
- One of his most famous movies and the blockbuster “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” is in reality a mix of two separate story ideas which he could not choose from.
- The World Economic Forum had invited Johar as a cultural leader representing India in the year 2017.
- Johar takes his “airport looks” very seriously and loves getting papped by the camera at the airports so much so that he practices his entry and posing beforehand.
- Karan Johar is actually versed in the French language and holds a master’s degree in the same!
- It took Johar only a span of thirty days to finish writing the entire movie script of his super hit movie “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil” which released in the year 2016 starring Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles.
- Apart from the former Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh, Karan Johar is the only Indian citizen having been invited to the opening ceremony of the London Olympics.
- As much as he is fond of and loves working with Shah Rukh Khan, his favorite actor to work with is Hritik Roshan whom he says gives 300% to his work.
- His actual name is Rahul Kumar Johar, but he works by the name of Karan Johar.
- Karan is a single father of two children (twins) who has been conceived by surrogacy. His son is named Yash after Karan’s own father and his daughter goes by the name of Roohi which is a rearrangement of letters in the name of Karan’s mother Hiroo.
Karan Johar Birthday:
Here are some feathers that Johar has managed to collect in his hat during his long-spanning career:
- Johar created history by being listed by the Geneva-based World Economic Forum amongst the world’s best 250 global young leaders in the year 2007.
- Some of the awards won by him include six Filmfare Awards, two Screen Awards, three Zee Cine Awards, five IIFA awards, one Stardust Award, one Mirchi Music Awards, and two Producers Guild Film Awards. That certainly makes for a long list!
- Johar has also been a recipient to the National Film Awards once. It was for his debut movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
- Karan Johar also has his name announced for being the recipient of the esteemed Padma Shri Award for his excellent contributions in the field of arts, in the year 2020. The Padma Shri Award stands to be the fourth highest civilian honor for the citizens of India.
Here’s wishing Karan Johar a very happy birthday!
For more upcoming celebrity birthday’s visit Aware earth – Birthday today