The Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi has extended the last date to fill out the application form for JMI Admission 2020. The last date is extended up to 30th June 2020, for not only UG admission but also PG.
The university has postponed their entrance exam but the dates aren’t clear yet. They will announce the entrance exam dates soon. JMI conducts university level entrance examinations for enrolling the candidates every year into various UG and PG courses. Few of the courses offered are Engineering & Technology, Law, Humanities, Social Sciences, etc.
However, candidates wishing to get enrolled into the B.Arch, B.Tech or BDS programme need not appear for the University exam. They can apply based on their JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2 scores or NEET rank respectively.
Table of Contents
JMI ADMISSION 2020 NOTICE
The JMI Admission 2020 new notice was out on 15th June on the University website. There were two pieces of important information declared in the notice.
1. The application form filling date is extended up to 30th June, not only for the University but also the school. But the date will not be extended further.
2. If the candidates have made some mistake earlier while filling their application form, they may edit the details. The editing portal will be open from July 1 to July 3 for all the programmes.
EXTENSION OF APPLICATION DATE
Very few people have suitable electronic devices and a proper internet connection in their homes. Many of them don’t have a laptop or internet. Some don’t even own mobile phones. And because of the lockdown, all cybercafes were closed too. In these unprecedented times, one cannot expect everyone to fill online forms from home.
But as Unlock 1.0 is being applied to various places, cyber cafes are opening slowly. Because of this, the University decided to extend the last date of form filling. Those candidates who do not have the proper equipment required for online form filling may visit the cyber cafes to fill the application form, till 30th June.
BRIEF DETAILS REGARDING THE APPLICATION FORM
– The Application Form for JMI Admission 2020 is in the online mode.
– Candidates may apply from the JMI website by visiting https://www.jmi.ac.in/admissions
– The application process consists of the following steps:
2. Filling of details in the application form.
3. Uploading of photograph, signature and important documents.
4. Application fee payment
– Students may edit their details on the application portal from July 1 to July 3, in case they made some mistake earlier.
– Candidates must take a printout of the final application form after completing the registration process. The application form will come in handy for future procedures.
COURSES APPLICATION FEE
Payment Mode: Candidates can pay the application fee via any of the following ways-
1. Net banking
2. Credit/Debit card
The application fee for the below courses is Rs. 700/-
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Centre for Management Studies
- Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics (Except B.Arch)
- Faculty of Education
- Centre for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology (Except B.Tech)
- AJKMass Communication Research Centre
However, the application fee for B.Tech and B.Arch courses is Rs. 550/-
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR JMI ADMISSION 2020
– B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics: The applicant must pass his/her 12th grade or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks as an aggregate in PCM subjects.
– B.Tech: The applicant must pass the 12th-grade exam with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized board or institution.
– B.A. (Hons) Sociology/ Psychology: The applicant must pass his/her 12th grade or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks.
– B.F.A (Bachelor of Fine Arts): The applicant must pass their 12th grade or equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board or institution.
– MBA: The applicant should have done Bachelors degree in any discipline and secure minimum 50% marks in it.
– M.Sc. (Physics): The applicant should have done B.Sc. with at least 50% marks as aggregate and minimum 55% marks in the concerned subject.
– MCA: The applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering /Technology/ Science/ Natural Science / Social Science. But along with this, they must also secure 50% marks as aggregate or equivalent grade with ‘Mathematics’ as one of the subjects.
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education