Mika Singh is an Indian playback singer and live performer. He has god gifted high peaked voice. And now he is perfectly shaped after doing practise for more then 30 years in this field.
Singh was born as Amrik Singh in Durgapur, West Bengal. He has 5 brothers from which he is youngest.
Singh and his brother Daler Mehndi got inspiration from their father Ajmer Singh.
As their father used to sing kirtans in Patna Sahib Gurdwara and was a trained classical musician.
Songs sung by Singh in various languages:
Hindi and Punjabi:
- In 2006, he sang two songs Dil Mein Baji Guitar and Dil Tod Ke Na Ja (Remix).
- In 2007, Nachle Soniye, Mauja Hi Mauja, O yaara Dhol Bajake, Ganpat, Neeli Neeli Aakhon Waali.
- He sang in 2008 songs as Muztarib, OK Tata Done, Oye Lucky! Lucky! oye, Khoka, Ganesha, Singh is King, Bhutni ke, Talli, Apun Ke saath, Saawan me Lag gayi aag, Tu Makke di roti.
- Further in 2009 he sang following sonngs as Ba Mulaiza, Oh my god, Dil Bole Haddipa, Aage aage, Ek aadat, Dhun lagi,Tabahi tabahi, Ni mera Dil Tera.
- Furthermore in 2010, Ibne-E-Batuta, Saajna, Babu Rao Mast hai, Aaapka kya hoga(Dhanno), Jis Din.
- In the same way, in 2011 he sang songs as Pyar do Pyar Lo, Saj dhaj ke,Subah hone de, Dhinka Chika, Jugni, Aaltu Jalal Tu,Dhol Wajda.
- In 2012 similarly, songs as Long Drive, Rani Tu mein Raja, Chinta Chhita, Kammo, Pyar ki pungi, Chhadha, Humse pyar karle tu, Mein Tera Ishq.
Other songs sung by him in further years:
- Likewise, in 2013 he sang songs as Punjabiyan Di Battery, Gol-gol, Jaadu Ki Jhappi, Headache, Ding dang Ding dang, Laila.
- Mika sang further songs in 2014 as Jumme Ki Raat, Palang Tod, Dukki Tikki, Tanki, Party to Banti Hai.
- Similarly in 2015, Heer Toh Badi Sad Hai, Aaj Ki Party, Happy Hour, Khul jae Bottle, Line Laga, Madamiyan.
- In addition to this only in 2016, 440 Volt, Taang Uthake, Gabru ready to mingle h, Rom rom Romantic, Maalamaal.
- Further in 2017, songs as Sexy Baliye, Hawa Hawa, Laddoo, Whats up, Dhingana, Crminial Aankhiyan, Piya More.
- Than in 2018, Aankh Marey, Milegi Milegi, Silent Mode, American Beauty, Bhoot aaya, Sweety Slowly Slowly, The Padman song.
- Furthermore, in 2019 Mukhda Vekh ke, Dhagala Lagali, Mind Na Kariyo Holi Hai, Poster Lagwa do.
- Finally in present year, he sang songs as Aisi Taisi and Ishq da Band.
In Kannada he sang 4 songs as Vone Vone, Nidde Bandilla, Darling Darling, Selfie.
In Odia he sang only 1 song as Aaila Re Aaliya.
In Telgu, he sang 2 songs as “Pathikella Chinnadi” and “Yahoon Yahoon”.
Mika also acted on various reality shows, becoming a modest star in the country.
- He was judge for Jhalal Dikhlaa Jaa 2.
- For Music ka Maha Mukabala also he was judge.
- Judge for The Voice India.
- Contestant in Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao.
- A show hosted by himself named as Tashan E Ishq.
- Guest Appearance for Big Boss 9.
- Permanent Guest for Comedy Nights Live.
- Guest Appearance for The Kapil Sharma Show.
- Mentor and Judge for Saregamapa 2016.
- Judge for India Ke Mast Kalandar.
- In 2014, Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Singer(Male).
Rakhi Sawant filed case against Mika for forcibly kissing her on 11 June 2006.
Mika Singh was arrested in UAE after a case was filed against him by a Brazilian teenager model for allegedly sending sexually inappropriate messages to her.
After this, he was sent to jail and later on released after intervention of the Indian Embassy.
All India Cine Workers Association (AICWA) on 14 August 2019 banned singer Mika Singh from the Indian film industry for performing at an event in Karachi, Pakistan. The event in Pakistan was organised by former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf’s close relative.
The film body further put an unconditional ban on the singer and boycotted him from all the movies and music contracts with the entertainment companies. The association also sought the intervention of Information and Broadcasting ministry in the matter.
For upcoming birthdays keep visiting Aware earth – Birthday Today.