About Tiku Talsania:
His birth place is Mumbai(Maharashtra). He is an Indian Film Actor, Television Actor & Comedian who is best-known for his work in Bollywood industry. Tiku has acted in supporting roles in nearly 200 films and in TV serials. Apart from acting in films and television serials, he also performs as a freelance theatre artist, working for Gujarati theatre in Mumbai and in United States and Europe.
He played versatile roles in various movies. He entertained the audience by playing comedian as well as serious characters.
Tiku’s Television Career:
Tiku Talsania started his television career in 1984 with the serial “Ye Jo Hai Zindagi”. Followed by hit TV serials in 1990s like Ye Duniya Ghazab Ki, Zamana Badal Gaya and Ek Se Badh Kar Ek.
He acted in many successful serials until the very recent Uttaran. He is currently seen in the SAB TV Sitcom Sajan Re Phir Jhooth Mat Bolo. Last year, he also played a role of the miser businessman in “Pritam Pyare or Woh” which is a comedy-horror show.
The latest T.V shows in which Tiku workes are “Life Mein Time Nahi Hai Kisi Ko” and “Sharma Ji Ki Lag Gayi”.
Tiku played comedy roles in “Golmaal Hai Bhai Sab Golmaal Hai”.
Tiku’s Film Career:
Rajeev Mehra gave him first break for starting Bollywood career in 1986 by assigning a role in his movie “Pyar Ke Do Pal”.
Apart from this, his movie hits include “Hungama”, “Raja Hindustani”, “Dhol”, “Devdas”, “Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Dobara”, “Special 26” and various others. He got some critical remarks in movie Devdas for his performance. On other hands, he played a heart-touching serious role in movie ‘Waqt Hai Hamara’.
No performance in the movie was tracked by him, after “Patel ki Punjabi Shaadi” released in 2017.
In his family, he has two children working in film industry. The name of the son is Rohan and daughter is Sikha. His wife Dipti is a theatre artist and classical dancer. His daughter Sikha did debut from “Wake up Sid” movie in 2009.
After this she has worked with many popular actresses such as Kareena Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor in the film “Veere Di Wedding”.
Some another movies in which Sikha worked are “Project 11” and “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji”.
Tiku completed his schooling from St. Xavier’s High School, Fort(Mumbai). Further his college studies were completed from University of Mumbai(Maharashtra).
Apart from the passion of acting and artistic career, Tiku is a bike-lover in his personal life. He loves doing Photography, Adventure Touring along with reading books.
Some Lesser known facts about Tiku Talsania:
- Tiku Talsania belongs to a Doctor family, he was also supposed to pursue the doctorate, but he always wanted to become an actor.
- Tiku is a German name of a ‘pen’ which was to give to him by his grandfather as the pen was his grandfather’s favorite one. Later Tiku tried to change his name, but he had to fulfill a lot of formalities in the concerned department, so he dropped the idea of changing his name.
- He always used to participate in school plays. He started his acting career as a Gujrati theatre artist.
- During the time of theatre, he joined a firm as a salesman. But he left the job as he had to work 7 days a week and he could not afford to sacrifice Sundays as he used to do theatre on Sundays.
- He has acted in over 200 films and series.
Even after attaining the age of more than sixty, he is passionately working in his acting field.
In one of the interview’s Tiku said “I am never tired of acting. I want to die in my shoes. As always I want to keep working. I do theatre in Mumbai. I can’t give up on my acting.”
Let’s wish this endless runner a Happy Birthday!
For upcoming birthdays keep visiting Aware earth – Birthday Today.