The Central University of Haryana situated in the Mahendragarh district of Haryana. It is a central type of university. The university’s establishment was in 2009. Its establishment is through an Act of Parliament. The chancellor and vice-chancellor are P.L.Chaturvedi and R.C. Kuhad respectively.
Important Updates :
- The university announced a fee waiver policy for needy students. It implements this policy to support EWS (Economically Weaker Students) and needy students. According to the vice-chancellor, this policy came up as they can understand the difficulties faced in a pandemic. This policy is for those who are unable to pay their fees.
- They provide a provision to waive off and refund tuition fees up to 100 percent.
- As per the policy, up to 50 percent of tuition fees will refund to students. 100 pe cent fee will refund who faces extremely tough situations.
- Students seeking refunds can apply in the format available on the university’s website.
- DWS will then examine students’ claims and submit them for approval.
- The university also eased the fee rules. It allows students to pay their semester fees in two equal installments. In extreme difficulty, they can pay fees in three equal installments also.
- The university also gave Rs. 447 rebate in fee for Internet Data Charges. This is to encourage students to participate online classes.
- Then Rs.149 per month rebate would continue until the situation gets normalized.
Central University of Haryana (CUHAR) provides admissions to students through the CUCET entrance exam. It offers various UG and PG courses in the three streams. It also offers research courses under Arts and Science. BTech. admissions are through the JEE score whereas others are through the CUCET score.
Application Process of University of Haryana :
- Log in to the university’s website to register online for admission.
- Fill the required details.
- Upload the required self-attested documents and scanned photographs.
- Pay registration fees. Students can submit fees online.
- Fees for General and OBC candidates – Rs. 800. Fees for SC/ST candidates – Rs. 350.
- For offline payment, the bank charges Rs. 50 for commission. So general and OBC have to pay Rs. 850 and SC/ST Rs. 400.
Eligibility Criteria of University of Haryana :
1.B.Tech 10+2 with 50% + CUCET
2. MBA Graduation with 50% + CUCET
3. M.Sc Graduation
4. Ph.D. Post Graduation
5. M.A. Graduation
6. B.Voc 10+2
7. B.Ed Graduation
8. M.Com Passed B.Com(H), B.Com, BA(H), BBS, BBA, BIFA, BBE
9. LLM Degree of LLB with minimum 50% marks
10. M.Li.Sc Passed B.Lib or B.Li.Sc with 50% marks
Departments of University of Haryana :
There are 11 schools (30 departments) in University under which Graduation & Postgraduation are offered. Admissions are purely through CUCET. The available schools are:-
1. Chemistry Sciences School.
2. Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences School.
3. Computer sciences and Informatics School.
4. Earth, Environment, and Space Studies School.
5. Language, Linguistics, Culture, and Heritage School.
6. Journalism and Mass Communication School.
7. Physical and Mathematical Sciences School.
8. Law, Governance, Public Policy, and Management School.
9. Interdisciplinary and Applied Life Sciences School.
10. Education School.
11. Engineering and Technology School.
Fee Structure of University of Haryana :
Course Fee Structure
1.B.Tech Rs. 65,150 (1st year)
2. MBA Rs. 14,950 (1st year)
3. M.Sc Rs. 14,950 (1st year)
4. Ph.D. Rs. 20,600 (1st year)
5. M.A. Rs. 7,950 (1st year)
6. B.Voc Rs. 12,020 (1st year)
7. B.Ed Rs. 28,050 (1st year)
Important Points on University of Haryana Admission :
- For admission in PG courses, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with 50-55% aggregate.
- For M.Phil and Ph.D. admissions, candidates must have a Master’s degree in any field.
- Applicants also need to appear for written test followed by the interview. It carries a weightage of 80% and 20% respectively.
- Seats in M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs are subject to the availability of the department.
Result of University of Haryana :
The results are available on the official website of University after CUCET.