Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC Civil Service Examination (CSE) 2019 interview schedule. The Commission is to resume the UPSC Civil Service interview process form July 20, onwards and the process will continue till July, 30, 2020. The UPSC will interview 624 candidates this year.
UPSC Civil Service 2019 interview details
The new interview schedule released by the UPSC contains details like candidate roll number, day & date of interview, and reporting time for the interview. The interview will be conducted in two shifts i.e. first in the forenoon from 9:00 AM and the other in the afternoon from 13:00 PM. The interview is of 275 marks.
The marks obtained in the UPSC CSE interview will be considered for preparing the final merit list along with the marks of the mains examination. The Commission will interview around 60 candidates each day .
Civil Services Examination
- Acronym – UPSC CSE
- Year started-1922 (98 years ago)
- Type – Paper-based standardized test
- Knowledge/skills tested in this exam is English, Writing and General Knowledge.
- Developer – Union Public Service Commission
- Purpose – Selection of candidates for various posts of Civil Services of India.
- Duration – Prelims exam is of 2 hours. Mains exam is of 3 hours..
- Restrictions on attempts – General – 6, OBC- 9, SC and ST – NO LIMIT
- Languages – Question paper is provided in Hindi or English.
- Annual number of test takers – Approximately, 5 lakh students appear for prelims exam every year
- Fee- ₹ 100/- (for general male candidates).Application Fee is exempted for other candidates
- Qualification rate – approximately 0.1%
The Civil Service preliminary examination was held on June 2, 2019. The result for which was declared on July 12, 2019. The UPSC (Main) examination was conducted from September 20 to 29, 2019 and the result was declared on January 14, 2020.
Candidates who have cleared the UPSC prelims and Main are eligible for the interview round.
UPSC Civil Service 2019 Interview Schedule: How to download
- Visit the UPSC website – upsc.gov.in
- Search for the UPSC CSE 2019 interview schedule link
- Click on it
- PDF file will open with details of the interview like roll number, day, date and time
- Search your roll number using CTRL+F
- If needed save the pdf for future references
UPSC in an earlier notification dated June 5, has also released the revised calendar for the exams to be conducted in the year 2019-20.
The Civil Service exams are in three stages –
UPSC Interview Syllabus
The Kothari Committee in 1976 came out with a list of qualities that a candidate is rated on. They are:
- Clarity of expression
- Grasp of narrative or argument
- Reasoning ability
- Appreciation of different viewpoints
- Awareness and concern for socio-economic problems
- Range and depth of interests
- Candidate’s ability to interact with people.
- Also rated are a candidate’s intelligence, presence of mind, honesty, general awareness, and leadership skills.
A model interview transcript
Question 1: Protest against the laws made by the Indian Parliament
Topic 2: Question on public discussion platforms
Question Topic 3: Reliability of social media
The Civil Service Prelims consists of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each. The question is of multiple choices, objective type.
- First Paper is of General Studies Paper 1.
- General Studies Paper 2 popularly known as CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST (CSAT).
- After qualifying Preliminary exam the candidate appears for the Main examination consisting of nine papers of conventional essay type.
- In mains exams – Two papers are just to qualify.
- After qualifying mains exam , candidate has to appear for personality test called interview.
List of Services
All India Services
• Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
• Indian Police Service (IPS)
Central Services (Group A)
• Foreign Service (IFS)
• Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS)
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education