The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) issued a notification. And the notification was regarding class 10, 12 exams. The exams are scheduled to be held from July 1 to 15, 2020.
CBSE released the notification on Tuesday. But this notification is for those class 10 students who are from the northeast district of Delhi. And also all class 12 students of all districts. This is because the board examinations had to be rescheduled because of the sudden lockdown.
In the latest notification, the board has addressed various issues of class 10 and 12 students. And these issues are regarding the allotment of the examination centers.
Notification for class 10, 12
According to the notification, CBSE will launch a mobile app. And its name will be ‘Examination center locator of CBSE’. Through this app, the students will be able to locate their examination centers. But the app will be available in the Play Store only after June 20.
But to read the official notification on the website, visit http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/index.html
CBSE notification for class 10 and 12 – 2020 Exam
CBSE released the CBSE date sheet for class 10 and 12 on 18th May. But the examination board made a major decision. This decision was for the class 10 and 12 students who travelled to their homes because of the lockdown. And these students were allowed to write pending board examinations from their home states or districts.
The development came amid the ongoing nationwide lockdown. This lockdown was imposed in the country because of the novel Coronavirus outbreak.
“The pending class 10 and 12 board exams will be conducted at 15,000 centers across the country instead of 3,000 centres planned earlier”, Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced earlier.
CBSE notification for class 10, 12 – Examination centers
– CBSE has now released a new scheme to conduct the examinations. And it has pointed out that examinations will be conducted in the respective schools of the candidates.
– It also added that, “In each district, where CBSE is having affiliated schools, one school will be fixed as nodal examination centre for those candidates who shifted from their earlier district.”
– But change of centre in the same district will not be allowed. The education board also mentioned that no examination centre will be permitted inside a containment zone. Because it will increase health risks of students. But those whose schools fall into the zone will be allotted a centre outside it.
More information about the notification
CBSE said that special efforts are required for conducting examinations in a safe manner. This is because of the prevailing condition of the spread of COVID-19 pandemic in the country. And thus, CBSE issued notification for class 10 and 12.
CBSE also shared a helpline number for the board examinations candidates. And this is in case a student has any query regarding his or her allotment of exam centre. And if so, they can reach 1800-118-002 from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm on all working days.
Types of candidates:-
A) Regular candidates: All regular students appearing for the board examinations through their schools.
The following Regular candidates can request for change in examination center:
i) Students who were residing in hostels
ii) Students sponsored by State Governments
iii) Students who have shifted from the district of their school to some other district within India
– CBSE will accept requests of candidates for change of examination centre only through their school.
– But it will be the responsibility of the School to contact their students to know whether they have shifted to some other district. And provide the information to CBSE.
B) Private candidates:
-Candidates appearing for 2nd chance Compartment
– Failures of previous year
– Improvement of Performance in additional subject
– Female candidates of NCT of Delhi
– Visually Impaired candidates appearing as private candidates
– Patrachar Vidyalaya candidates
Many Private Candidates have shifted from their district of examination centre to some other districts in India. And they can also make a request to change their examination centre.
– They have to apply to CBSE on the link vyktigt priikssaarthii on the board’s website. Or they can also use Mobile App-priikssaa suvidhaa for change of district of the examination centre.
– This is for those candidates who were studying in India and have shifted to other countries. They can appear from any district of India.
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education