The University of Delhi will be holding an online DU OPEN BOOK EXAM (OBE) for the final semester students in July. The exams are taking place under the guidelines issued by the UGC.
Following the decision to conduct online open-book exams (OBE) amid the coronavirus outbreak, the University of Delhi (DU) has issued the admit cards for final year undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) courses.
PG students (except LLB, LLM and SOL course) can download their admit card. Candidates will have to enter their ‘Admit Card Key’ at the space given. The key shall be issued by the examination branch of the university through SMS and Email.
The University of Delhi will carry out the PG examinations in July. The exam is beginning on July 1, 2020. The date sheets for the exam can be downloaded from the official website of Delhi University.
The University of Delhi has already cancelled the first and second-year exams for undergraduate programmes due to Covid-19 pandemic. Students of the intermediate semester, term or year, will be marked based on internal assessment marks and marks secured in previous semester exams. Both of which hold a combined 50% marks.
Table of Contents
About Open Book Exam
In the open book examinations, students are permitted to refer to books, notes and other study materials to answer the questions. Students have to download question papers for their course from the portal. They have to upload the answers in two hours. Students can take the exam sitting at home or wherever they are present at that time
The candidates can download the admission admit card at https://examportal.duresult.in/StudentPortal/Admit_Card/Login.aspx by entering a key at the space provided. The key for accessing the link shall be issued by the examination branch of the university via SMS and email.
If a student is having any problem downloading the admit card, she/he may send the request to get the admission ticket for examinations via email at [email protected].
Steps to download admit card for DU open book exam:
1. Visit the official website, exam portal.duresult.in
2. On the student portal, then click on the admit card link.
3. Log-in using credentials
4. Admit cards will be available, download them.
If any student is having any problem downloading the admit card, he/she will have to send a request to the EDP Cell of the university. The university last month decided to conduct examinations for its final year postgraduate and undergraduate students from July 1. It said that it would take to ‘Open Book’ mode to hold the future exams if the situation originating out of the coronavirus pandemic does not get back to normal.
DU Open Book Exam Guidelines
Following are guidelines for the Open Book Exam
- For the OBE, the online platform is not required completely as only limited access to the internet and hardware is needed to download the question paper. For uploading the answer sheet after completing the exam internet will be required.
- The final semester/term/ year exam will commence according to the datasheet notified separately by the respective department. For all postgraduate courses in regular mode as registered and also for those registered with the School of Open Learning and NCWEB.
- No separate information will be communicated to the students by the exam branch.
- All the students need to verify that their exam forms for the respective courses have already been filled up and submitted.
- Those who appear for the OBE and like to improve their scores can do. According to the cycle of the semester in a year. It means that the papers listed for the odd semester can be attempted in January 2021.
- Xbox Then again for the May/June 2021 semester. Following the applicable syllabus and the exam scheme.
- If there is any issue/ query or inconsistency, students must contact their respective departments. Faculty and centre via online mode without any delay.
- The admission tickets for all the PG courses for 2019-20 will be issued on the exam portal from June 10, 2020, onwards.
- Students can download the admission tickets from the portal link. If there arise any issues, queries can be sent to [email protected]
- Students are suggested to stay in contact with their respective departments. Apart from using the official e-mail and SMS. Whatsapp may also be used by the department for conveying important information to the students.
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education.