Facebook Messenger Room– a new update introduced into the social media platform that is a video calling feature. This was earlier announced by CEO Mark Zuckerberg back in April 2020 through a live stream. This expanded function allows up to 50 people to join a group video call . This is what Facebook calls a Room. We can start a room from Messenger, Facebook, Instagram Direct, or WhatsApp.Group video calls in Messenger Room can be changed into a Facebook Live broadcast. One can invite, lock, and also remove participants.
Facebook is including 360-degree views of exotic locations for backgrounds. Moreover, it is also working on beauty filters as well as filters designed to brighten a dark room. While in a room one can use augmented reality filters to change the background to a virtual one.
Jasmine Stoy, Product Manager, Facebook said,”Live broadcasts from Pages doubled in June 2020 compared to the same time last year, largely attributed to broadcasts since March 2020.” Facebook said that as with other Live videos, they may collect and review audio and video from the broadcast to make sure it follows Community Standards. And that more enhancements can be seen in the coming months.
How does it function?
- Open the Messenger or Facebook.
- Click the People tab.
- From there click Create a Room.
- Invite people to join. A link can be shared with those without a Facebook account.
- Complete control of the live, where it is shared, who can view, who is invited is on the creator.
- The room can be shared in newsfeed, groups, and events.
- Invitees get a notification and they have to opt-in. They can also leave the meeting before the broadcast ends.
- After they agree, click on the ‘live’ button located on the bottom right corner of the video box to start.
- The room creator can add or remove participants from the live at any time.
- On completion of broadcast, the creator can once again click on the ‘live’ button and click end.
You can join a room from your phone or computer without further downloading anything.
Intel outsourcing manufacture of semiconductors