Jethalal Birthday: One of the most famous television actors in the industry as of present, Dilip Joshi celebrates his 52nd birthday this year. He was born on May 26 in the year 1968 in Porbandar district of the Gujarat state. Although he had appeared in a number of television serials. His is most famous for his role in the sitcom Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah in which he plays the lead role as Jethalal Gada. So here is Indias beloved Jethalal Birthday.
Here are some interesting facts about the television actor :
- He has also ventured into films and has appeared in movies like Hum Aapke Hain Koun. The 1994 movie where he played the role of Bhola Prasad, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani, the 2000 movie where he played the role of Sapney. Maine Pyar Kiya, the movie which released in 1989 where he played the role of Ramu.
- In fact, Maine Pyar Kiya was his debut movie in the acting industry and he has appeared in several movies since, most of them being Gujarati dramas. One such famous Gujarati drama was Bapu Tame Kamaal Kari. Dilip had also appeared in the movies What’s your Rashee and Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge, both of which released in the year 2009.
- Other than his famous TV show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma, he has appeared in a plethora of serials including Hum Sab Ek Hain, Daal Mein Kala, Kabhi Yeh Kabhi Woh, Kya Baat Hai, Meri Biwi Wonderful, Sewalal Mewalal, Kora Kagaz, Aaj Ke Shrimaan Shrimati, Bhagwan Bachaye Inko, Kudkudiya House No 43, Hum Sab Baraati, Yeh Duniya Hai Rangeen and Shubh Mangal Savadhan. Dilip Joshi also played the role of the much beloved Tappu Uncle in the childrens’ comedy show Agadam Bagdam Tigdam.
- He holds a bachelors degree in the commerce field. Earlier enrolled into Mumbai’s Wilson college and later joined the Narsee Monjee Commerce college.
- He was also awarded with Indian National Theater (INT) Best Actor Award two times during his graduation days in college. One of the drama was directed by Raju Joshi, the writer of the famous show Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. And the other was directed by Niraj Vora, the director of the famous sitcom Phir Hera Pheri.
- He is currently married to Jaymala Joshi with whom he has two children, a son named Rithwik and daughter named Niyati.
- Dilip had started to act in children plays at the age of 12 years and had gotten himself enrolled at Little Theatre Academy of Namdev Lahute.
- The first childplay where Dilip acted in, he had to play a role of a statue that had to stand for 7-8 minutes. The play was named Aie Ranchhod Rangila.
- Even though he had acted in several dramas as a child and growing up, he did not think that he would take up acting. As his sole profession earning him his bread. Fate certainly has its own plans!
- Dilip has acted in a few movies but still believes that has never got that one proper role. On the silver screen where he could portray his real acting skills.
- Dilip had initially rejected to act in the serial Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. As he was busy working in another serial which was being telecasted on the channel Sahara One. However, that serial production had to close down owing to certain circumstances and Dilip landed over this project which changed his career for the best!
- Dilip Joshi is actually elder to Amit Bhatt who plays the role of his father in the show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.
- Dilip has also previously worked with Munmun Datta (who plays the role of Babita Jee in the serial Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah) in another serial Hum Sab Barati in the past.
- In the Taarak Mehta show, Dilip was initially approached to play the role of Champak Lal which he had declined. He was then offered the role of Jetha Lal which he is seen playing today.
- Dilip Joshi has also managed to collect several feathers in his hat and has been recipient to several awards. Mostly nominated for the categories of best comic actor, best actor and the most entertaining actor. He has won awards including Zee Gold Awards, Indian Telly awards, Lions Gold Awards, Indian Television Academy Awards, People’s Choice Awards, Boroplus Gold Awards, Apsara Awards, BIG Star Entertainment Awards amongst many others.
Here’s wishing Dilip Joshi a very happy birthday!
For more upcoming Birthdays of Celebrities stay tuned to Aware earth – Birthday Today.