Google chrome is undoubtedly the most popular browser till now. However, situations like changing devices or inability to access some websites, applications or games may lead to the necessity to change browsers. But changing browsers doesn’t mean you’ll lose all your bookmarks. Here’s a guide on how to export bookmarks from chrome and importing them in any other browser :
Steps to export bookmarks :
1. Open Chrome on your PC.
2. Click on the three-dot icon , on the top-right corner of the screen.
3. You’ll see a drop-down menu. Select Bookmarks > Bookmarks manager.
4. It will open your bookmarks in a new tab. On the top-right corner click on the three-dot-icon .
5. In the drop-down menu, click on export bookmarks.
6. This will open a ‘Save‘ pop-up window. Chrome will export bookmarks in an HTML file format. Select a name and location for your file and click save.
Now your bookmarks are saved as html documents in your PC.
Steps to import bookmarks in an another browser :
- Open the browser where you want to move your bookmarks in your PC.
- Follow steps 2, 3, 4 in the list given above.
- In the drop-down menu, click on Import Bookmarks.
- This will open an ‘Open‘ pop-up window. Select the html file from your PC and click on Open.
All your bookmarks will be imported in your new browser.
Chrome doesn’t allow to move bookmarks from mobile phones.
However to export bookmarks from your phone, you can sync your bookmarks to other devices (probably a PC) with the same google account. And when you can access the same bookmarks in your PC, you can follow the above given procedure to export your bookmarks from chrome.
1. Open Chrome in your android device.
2. Click on the three-dot icon on the top-right corner.
3. In the drop-down menu, click on Bookmarks.
4. Click on Open settings.
5. Turn on Sync and make sure Bookmarks are synced as well.
By this, all your bookmarks will be synced with your google account, which you can access by any other device. Now follow the procedure for PCs.