NDA or National Defence Academy is one of the most looked for defence entrance exams in the country. is Its recruitment is carried out for admission to Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). NDA 2020 EXAM is held twice a year. The exam is carried out in two stages – written exam and SSB Interview. Approximately, 4 lakh aspirants sit for NDA every year, out of which approximately 6000 are called for SSB Interview.
NDA 2020 EXAM Eligibility Criteria 2020
Aspirants need to have the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for the exam.
Age Limit: Candidates who were born not before July 2, 2001, and not after July 1, 2004, are eligible to apply for the NDA 1 exam. The date of birth is taken into account as stated in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or a certificate recognised by a University as equivalent to Matriculation.
Educational Qualification: Candidates can check the educational qualification prescribed for different academies below:
Army Wing of National Defence Academy: Candidates must have completed Class 12/HSC under 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent from a recognised board or university.
Air Force, Navy and Naval Academy of National Defence Academy: Candidates must have completed Class 12/HSC under 10+2 pattern of school education with Physics and Mathematics carried out by a State Education Board or a University.
Table of Contents
NDA 2020 Exam Overview
- Examination Name National Defense Academy
- Naval Academy Examination
Conducted by Union Public Service Commission
Exam Level National
Frequency of Exam Twice a year
Exam Category After Class 12
- Exam Stages Written Test
- SSB Interview
Exam Mode Offline (Pen- Paper based)
Exam Duration 5 hours –
- Mathematics – 2 hours 30 minutes
- General Ability Test – 2 hours 30 minutes
Exam Pattern GAT – 150 Multiple Choice Questions
Mathematics – 120 Multiple Choice Questions
Sa copy of Exams Admissions in:
- National Defense Academy
- Indian Navy Academy Course
- Language English
Test centres 41
Official website upsc.gov.in
Exam help desk 011-23385271
The general knowledge section of the NDA I 2020 has of the following topics:
- Physics (100 marks)
- Chemistry (60 marks)
- General Science (40 marks)
- History and Freedom Movement (80 marks)
- Geography (80 marks)
- Current Events (40 marks
NDA Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for NDA I 2020 written test will consist of two sections- Mathematical Ability and General Ability. The questions in NDA I 2020 will be from the topics and concepts of 10+2 level. Following are the stated topics from Mathematical Ability and General Ability sections covered as a part of the NDA I 2020 Syllabus.
NDA Syllabus for Mathematical Ability
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
NDA Syllabus for General Ability Topics from the English and General Knowledge will be covered in the General Ability section of NDA I 2020. General Knowledge will comprise of the following:
NDA Syllabus for General Ability Test
- General Science
- Current Affairs
NDA 2020 Mathematics General Ability Test
Exam Duration 2 hours 30 minutes 2 hour 30 minutes
Number of Section 1 2
- General Knowledge
Total number of Questions 120 150
Total Marks 300 600
- English – 200
- General Knowledge – 400
- Marking Scheme 2.5 marks for the correct answer
- -0.83 mark for an incorrect answer
- 4 marks for the correct answer
- -1.33 for an incorrect answer
- Language English
- English for English section
- English and Hindi for General Knowledge section
Types of Questions Multiple Choice Questions Multiple Choice Questions
NDA 2020 Vacancy
Total 418 vacancies are there for NDA 1 2020 qualifiers in different departments and branches of the Indian Army.
145th National Defence Academy- Indian Army 208
145th National Defence Academy – Indian Navy 42
145th National Defence Academy – Indian Air force 120
107th Indian Naval Academy Course 48
Events NDA – 1 NDA – 2
Notification Issue 6 January ,2020 10 June , 2020
Application Form Available 8 January , 2020 10 June , 2020
Last Date to Submit Application Form 28 January , 2020 30 June , 2020
Admit Card 6 September, 2020 6 September, 2020
Examination Last week of March 2020 Notification soon
Results Notification soon Notification soon
PREPARATION TIPS For NDA 2020 EXAM
- You must go through the complete syllabus and Exam pattern of on NDA available on the website.
- Practice more and more questions and focus on self-study.
- Give attention to every topic.
- Monitor your progress daily and work hard on the weaker sections.
- You must prepare short and brief notes and revise them regularly.
- Do mock tests and keep a record of the results.
- Candidate must practice all the previous year question papers.
- Dedication and Hard work is the key to success in this examination.
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education