Panjab University admission begins and the deadline of the application form extends till July 7 for PG and July 13 for UG.
Panjab University Admission 2020
PU Admission date extends the last date for filling application forms.
Application form deadline for PUCET PG 2020 extends up to July 7, 2020, for PG programmes. PG admission form filling for PG courses was already in process since April 23, 2020. The scheduled test of PUCET PG is on July 27 & 28, 2020.
Application form deadline for PUCET UG 2020 extends up to July 13, 2020, for UG programmes. UG admission form filling for UG courses was already in process since March 11, 2020. The scheduled test of PUCET UG is on August 1, 2020.
Detailed Process of Punjab University Admissions
- Firstly, for seeking Punjab University admission 2020, the candidate has to fill the application form.
- Then, the University will release the admit cards:
- For PG entrance test (PUCET PG) on July 20
- For UG entrance test (PUCET UG) on July 27
- Panjab University seeks combined admissions for 194 participating colleges and 6 constituent colleges. All these colleges follow the admission procedure.
- This article will spin around the productive information regarding admission 2020- eligibility, important dates, and the procedures candidates need to follow to secure admissions.
Panjab University Admission 2020 – Overview
Panjab University will provide the entire enrollment procedure through official notifications. However, PU gives admissions to the candidates who desire to complete various educational courses through it. Hence, the students must follow the details carefully about the admission 2020.
The detailed procedure is given in the table describing an overview of the admissions at Panjab University:
Panjab University Admissions 2020 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Panjab University Common Entrance Test|
|Popularly known as||PUCET|
|Name of the conducting body||Panjab University|
|Type of exam||UG – Objective
PG – Objective/Subjective
|Courses offered||UG and PG|
|Number of seats||3156|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Number of affiliated colleges||194 affiliated colleges and 6 constituent colleges in Chandigarh and Punjab. Also, regional centres in Ludhiana, Muktsar, Kauni, Hoshiarpur. Additionally, Vishveshvaranand Vishwa Bandhu Institute of Sanskrit and Indological Studies in Hoshiarpur|
Panjab University Admission Dates 2020
Students at first should know the details of Panjab University. Then candidates need to focus on some important dates. It is essential to focus on the dates to keep in mind for filling the entrance exam applications on time. The dates for PUCET PG and PUCET UG are different.
Panjab University Admission Dates 2020 for UG (PUCET UG)
|Date of Availability online UG Entrance Test Application Form||March 11, 2020 (Wednesday)|
|Last date for submission of application form on the website to generate the Login & Password||July 13, 2020 (Monday)|
|The last date for deposit of application fee in any branch ofSBI using website generated challan||July 15, 2020 (Wednesday) upto 3:59 p.m.|
|Last date for deposit of application fee through Online mode||July 9, 2020 (Wednesday)|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the details on the website||July 17, 2020 (Friday)|
|Availability of PUCET UG Admit Card Online||July 27, 2020 (Monday)|
|The last date for candidates who have not completed their application form but have paid requisite fee can complete their form by paying a late fee of Rupees 500/-||July 29, 2020 (Wednesday)|
|Date of PUCET UG Entrance Test||August 1, 2020 (Saturday)|
|Announcement of PU CET UG result||August 14 to 17, 2020|
|PUCET UG Entrance Test Centre||Chandigarh
Panjab University Admission Dates 2020 for PG (PUCET PG)
|Date of Availability of PU–CET (P.G.) Application Form||April 23, 2020 (Thursday)|
|Last date for submission of application form on the website to generate the Bank Challan||July 7, 2020 (Tuesday)|
|The last date for deposit of application fee in any branch of SBI using website generated challan||July 9, 2020 (Thursday) up to 4:00 p.m.|
|Last date for deposit of application fee through Online mode||July 9, 2020 (Thursday)|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website||July 11, 2020 (Saturday)|
|Availability of PUCET PG Admit Card||July 20, 2020 (Thursday)|
|Candidates who have not completed their application form but have paid the requisite fee can complete their application form by paying a late fee of Rs. 500||July 24, 2020 (Friday)|
|Dates of holding PUCET PG Entrance Test||July 27 and July 28, 2020|
|Uploading of PUCET PG Answer Key (at exams.puchd.ac.in/show-noticeboard.php) and inviting Objections (through e-mail only to [email protected] )||August 3, 2020 (Monday) by 1:00 pm|
|Last date of submission of objections to the PUCET PG Answer Key||August 5, 2020 (Wednesday) by 1:00 pm|
|Uploading of the response to the Objections and inviting Cross-objections (through e-mail only)||August 8, 2020 (Saturday)|
|Last day of submission of Cross-objections to the PUCET PG Answer key||August 10, 2020 (Monday)|
|Date and mode of the declaration of PUCET PG result||August 14 to 17, 2020|
|PUCET PG Entrance test Centres||Chandigarh
Panjab University Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before candidates submit the application form, it is necessary to check the eligibility criteria for the admission 2020 properly. One who fails to fulfil the academic requirements will not get the admissions into the UG and PG courses of the Panjab University.
UG Courses Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates want to get enrolled to any course of Panjab University UG program; they need to go through the eligibility criteria carefully.
- Candidates should complete 12th under the CBSE board or any other recognized board.
The minimum percentage demand varies for different courses.
|Qualifying Exams||The students must have completed 12th level from CBSE or any other recognized board.|
|Minimum Marks||Students must score a minimum of 50% and students from reserved category need to have 45% marks|
|Qualifying Subjects||12th level with physics, Chemistry, English and any other from mathematics, biotechnology, and Biology|
|Age Limit||the candidates must have completed the 17 years on 31st December at the moment of the admission|
PG Courses Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates desiring to pursue PG courses into the Panjab University PG programs should complete any bachelor’s or master’s degree from a UGC recognized university/ college.
- The scores needed to be eligible for the admissions may vary as per courses, Similar to undergraduate programs.
Panjab University Admission Form 2020
- The application form for PUCET 2020 is available in online mode only.
- Candidates should stick to the deadline dates for submitting the application forms.
- Cross-check the application forms thoroughly. As one cannot correct the application once submitted.
- The application procedure will include a few important steps like -the registration, submitting the form details, scanning and uploading images and paying the application fee.
- Candidates should not send the filled PUCET application form 2020 to University through the post.
- Applicants should take out the printout of their submitted application form for future reference.
Documents Necessary for Filling Panjab University Application Form 2020
The applicant needs to have important documents for the filling of the online application form. However, For both UG and PG programmes these documents are necessary.
- A valid Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Scanned copy of applicant’s photograph and signature
- Marks of candidates’ previous qualifying examination
- Details of Credit Card/Debit Card/Netbanking (for the online payment)
Panjab University Admission Exam Centres 2020
Applicants will get the admit card having the details of the test centre. Although, candidates are flexible to choose the test centres during form filling.
Panjab University Admission Exam Pattern 2020
The PUCET UG and PUCET PG exam will be in offline mode. Candidates can go through the exam pattern of Panjab University admissions 2020.
PUCET UG Exam Pattern
|Language of the examination||English|
|Level of the questions in the examination||11th and 12th level|
|Number of each question||2 marks|
|Subjects for test||Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
PUCET PG Exam Pattern
|Maximum number of questions||Varies|
|Type of exam||Varies|
Panjab University Admission Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for UG level entrance test is given below:
Syllabus of Panjab University Entrance Test
|Physics||Physical-world and measurement, kinematics, the law of motions, work energy and power, the motion of systems and particles and rigid body gravitation, properties of bulk matter, thermodynamics behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory and oscillation and waves, etc.|
|Biology||Diversity in the living world, a structural organization in animals and plants, cell structure and functions, plant physiology, human anatomy and physiology, etc.|
|Chemistry||Some of the basic concept of chemistry, structure of the atom, classifications of element and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding and molecular structure, hydrogen, S-blocks elements, organic chemistry- some basic principle and techniques, thermodynamics, equilibrium, redox reactions, hydrocarbons etc.|
|Mathematics||Sets, relation and functions, the principle of mathematical induction, binomial theorem, sequence and series, conic sections, introduction to three- dimensional geometry, limits and derivatives, mathematical reasoning, statics and probability, etc|
Panjab University Admission Admit Card 2020
Candidates having successful submission of the application form can download the Panjab University admit card 2020 on July 20 for PG courses and on July 27 for UG courses. The admit card will generate online at admissions.puchd.ac.in. Download the Panjab University 2020 admit card, after logging with User ID and password in the login window.
The admit card will have the details of the candidate like – candidate’s name, category, exam date & time, course name & code, name and venue of exam centre. So, mandatory to carry the admit cards to enter the test centre.
Panjab University Admission Result 2020
Panjab University admission list for the PU CET UG & PG will reflect online. It will be available from August 14 to 17, 2020. The result will mention candidates’ names, rank, category and marks.
- Candidates should follow the given below steps to check the results:
- Browse the official website of PUCET
- Click on the website as the Panjab University 2020 results
- In this particular section, submit your roll number and submit the rest of the required details
- Scorecard will appear on the screen External links: