If you are a 12th pass student and are looking for a scholarship, but are not turning out well in the search, do not panic. Many of you do not have the knowledge of scholarships provided by the Government of India. If you are looking for the top 5 scholarships for Undergraduate degree in India, this article is for you.
Many students from families with less family income face this thought. Well, you need not worry because the solution is right here.
Various organisations and institutions offer undergraduate level scholarships because it encourages students to study. Along with this, they support their undergraduate studies. These scholarships can be-
- means-based, or
- merit-cum-means based.
It does not matter which stream the students is pursuing. This is because the scholarship is available for all. These scholarships are for aspiring students. Students who want to pursue Undergraduate studies but are facing financial difficulties in doing so. This is for you.
Here is the list of top 5 scholarships available for undergraduate students in India
1. Sardar Patel Scholarship for Undergraduate degree
Eligibility: It is for the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of the society. It not only supports first years but also second year students of a three year graduation programme. The applicants must have obtained minimum 50 per cent marks in their class 12 Board examination. And their annual income should be less than Rs 6 lakhs per annum.
- Award: Up to Rs 15,000
- Application Details: Application duration is open from March to June tentatively as of now. You can apply online through their official portal.
2. Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship for Undergraduate degree
- Eligibility: Female applicants who have passed grade 12 can apply.
- Award: Up to Rs 2,40,000 for three years of study
- Application Details: Application duration is open from May to August tentatively as of now. You can apply online through their official website.
3. Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme:
- Eligibility: Students who are pursuing studies at higher levels but require financial assistance, can apply. The students studying in Class 11 or 12, ITI or diploma, or graduation or post graduation can apply for it. They must obtain 45 to 75 per cent marks in their previous class.
- Award: Up to Rs 2,000 per month
- Application Details: Application is always open, but the procedure is offline. You have to apply by post to the designated office of Sitaram Jindal Foundation.
4. G. P. Birla Scholarship 2020
- Eligibility: This scholarship provides financial support to class 12 pass students, but only to the meritorious students of West Bengal. They must obtain minimum 80 per cent in class 12 State board examination or 85 per cent in Central board examination. They must be continuing their studies in the following streams from a recognised institution or university in India –
– Cost accountancy
– Company secretary
– Chartered accountancy
Apart from this, the annual family income must be less than Rs 3 lakhs.
- Award: Up to Rs 50,000 per year and other benefits.
- Application Details: Application is open between May and July, but the procedure is offline. You have to apply by post to the registered office of G.P. Birla Educational Foundation.
5. L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarships
- Eligibility: This scholarship is meant to encourage females to pursue higher studies. Female students from economically disadvantaged families can apply for it. But they must have passed the class 12 Board examination with minimum 85 per cent marks.
- And this scholarship is only for Science-related fields of undergraduate courses. The maximum age limit to apply is 19 years. And annual family income less than Rs 4 lakhs.
- Award: Up to Rs 2,50,000 for Graduation.
- Application Details: Application is open between July and September. And you can apply online as well as offline. To send offline application, post it to L’Oréal India.
These are some of the largest and top 5 scholarships for Undergraduate degree in India. They are extremely beneficial. Every year, thousands of students benefit from these scholarships.
Most students face difficulties when it comes to further studies. But the low income families are affected the most. Hence, scholarships are provided to the most deserving ones of the youth.