Every year, lakhs of students sit for the UP Board’s 10th and 12th grade examinations. This year, around 56 lakh students appeared for the board examination. The UP BOARD RESULT 2020 are expected to be out in the last week of June, tentatively on 30th June.
Updates on correction of answer sheets
The Uttar Pradesh Secondary Council began it’s examinations for high school and intermediate students on 16th February. The 10th grade examination ended on 3rd March while the 12th grade examination ended on 6th March. As of now, all the students are eagerly waiting for the announcement of the UP BOARD RESULT 2020.
Earlier, all the paper checking was expected to be completed by 26th March. However due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the process got delayed. The paper checking process was put on hold on 18th March. So far 82.66% of the papers have been checked, while the rest will be completed soon after the lockdown opens.
The paper checking process resumed in the Green zones on 5th May. In the Oranges zones, the process resumed on 12th May. Unfortunately, the process hasn’t been able to resume in the Red zones yet.
Use of coloured exam copies
This year, the UP board had produced answer sheets of four different colours. The four colours of the answer sheets were yellow, blue, pink and green. The reason behind the use of such methodology was to avoid any mistakes and chances of exam copies being replaced with any external copies.
30,22,607 candidates appeared in the UP Board High School examination, while 25,84,511 candidates appeared in the Intermediate examination. The examination was held in 7784 examination centers across Uttar Pradesh. A total of 19 lakh CCTV cameras were installed at the examination centers to monitor the board exams.
How to check UP BOARD RESULT 2020?
To check your UP BOARD RESULT 2020 for class 10 and 12 –
- Go to the UP Board official website upmsp.edu.in or upresults.nic.in
- Two separate links for class 10 results and class 12 results will be displayed on the webpage.
- Click on the link according to your class.
- For class 10 students- Type in your 7 digit roll number and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- For class 12 students- Type in your exam year, roll number and school code and click on ‘View Result’.
- Your result will be displayed on the screen.
- Check the details of your result carefully and either take a printout or a screenshot of it.
- Students can also check their results via SMS.
The Long Wait
Students are expected to have patience while the board members are checking the last lot of examination copies. Kindly refrain from the fake news claiming that the results will be out any day in the first week of June. There is no need to worry or get stressed about this topic.
You can check out the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Council- upmsp.nic.in
A look at further data about the board examination
- Number of Room Inspectors – 1.88 Lakh.
- Number of sensitive examination centers – 700.
- Numberof susceptible examination centers – 275.
- Control rooms had been set up in all the districts of the state, their total number was 75.
- The District Magistrate’s designated administrative officers had appointed the administrative room in each district’s control room.
- One state level control room had been set up in Lucknow and Prayagraj.
- An ambulance had been arranged near the examination centers so that no employee / appearing candidate would feel inconvenient.
- Armed forces were deployed at highly sensitive examination centers.
- Use of any type of loudspeakers around the examination centers was prohibited to help students concentrate and not get distracted.
- 10-12 examination centers were set up in one sector in order to let the Sector Magistrate monitor the examination centers.
Supplementary examination in case of failure
As of now, no information has been provided by the UP board since all the copies of the students have not been checked yet. Due to the delay in the result announcement, the supplementary exams might be held within a short period after the results. Hence, if students expect a supplementary in any subject, they should start studying right away.
Avoid getting mislead by rumours
These are just tentative dates that are expected for the UP BOARD RESULT 2020 announcement. However, the board has not released any official information yet. Once the results are announced, kindly visit only the official links to the website that have been provided above.
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education