AICTE admission 2020
AICTE is the legal body and the national-level council for technical education in the country.
The present chairman is Dr. Anil Sahasrabudhe.
General Idea of AICTE
AICTE full form is All India Council for Technical Education. It is the legal body and the national-level council for technical education in the country. AICTE started in November 1945 with the idea to encourage development of the education system in India. However, AICTE remained in collaboration with Ministry of HRD (The Department of Education) till 1987, as an advisory body,
In 1987, AICTE became a constitutional body by an Act of Parliament. Now, it works more effectively. AICTE, as an autonomous body is responsible for authorizing all postgraduate and graduate programs. However, these programs are liable to the specific categories of technology for Indian institutions. But, AICTE differs with UGC (University Grants Commission). UGC only accredits non-technical education in India.
AICTE Admission 2020: First Revision Date Wise
List of instructions given by AICTE to institutions, shown below:
- Institutions have to complete the first round of counselling/ admission for allotment of seats on or before 30th August, 2020.
- Institutions have to complete the Second round of counselling/ admission for allotment of seats on or before September 10, 2020.
- The last date of admission for students, against vacancies is September 15, 2020.
- The classes will Commence for existing students of technical courses except for PGDM/PGCM is August 16, 2020.
- The commencement of the academic session for students and the teaching process including Lateral Entry to Second Year Courses for newly admitted students: September 15, 2020
- The Technical Institutions conducting PGDM/PGCM Courses is not liable to initiate the admission before April 1, 2020.
- Commencement of classes for existing students PGDM/PGCM is July 15, 2020
- Last date for students to cancel the seats of PGDM/PGCM with a full refund is August 5, 2020
- Last date up to which students can be admitted in Open and Distance Learning Courses is August 16, 2020, and February 15, 2021
- The academic session for the PGDM/ PGCM Courses for newly admitted students: August 1, 2020 to July 31, 2021.
- Admission ending date of PGDM/ PGCM Courses: August 10, 2020
AICTE Admission 2020 After Second Revision
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has revised the academic calendar for the year 2020-2021 and has asked all the affiliated institutes to follow the revised rules and regulations of AICTE.
Recently AICTE declares the first round of counselling and admission to the courses will be completed within October 5. This is applicable to all the AICTE affiliated institutions. The second round of counselling is liable to end latest in the 2nd week of October (15.10.2020).
AICTE Admission 2020 Academic Schedule Revises Twice
The AICTE revises its academic schedule twice within a span of 3 days. AICTE is bound to make changes for the second time in the academic calendar because the University Grants Commission (UGC) asks universities to hold final year exams.
UGC asks institutions to postpone the ongoing classes. And, also asks to make arrangements for special classes for the students who are preparing to appear for the final year exam.
AICTE Admission 2020 to Follow UGC Guidelines
The technical education regulator says, “All the AICTE approved institutions/ universities are hereby to follow UGC revised guidelines related to exams curriculum, issued on July 6 due to COVID-19 pandemic breakout.”
It finally declares, students are liable to take admission up to October 20, 2020.
AICTE Admission 2020: Commencement of Classes
It has also made a request to the universities to start classes, of all the regular courses, from August 17, 2020. These classes can be in online or offline or blended mode (online and offline). But, it is compulsory to follow all the prescribed protocols or guidelines related to COVID-19 pandemic. Social distancing and sanitization is on priority.
AICTE also says, the fresh batch classes are liable to commence from October 15, 2020. Classes for students of PGDM and PGCM courses will begin from July 15, 2020. And, for both these courses, the classes for new admissions will begin from August 10, 2020.
Further AICTE announces, for open and distance learning courses the deadline for admission is August 30, 2020 and February 28, 2021. Prior to this, the admission process for open and distance learning was programmed to conclude on August 15,2020 and February 15, 2021 for July and January session, respectively.
AICTE Contribution and Achievements
AICTE provides technical education in India. However, it keeps good coordination within the development and planning. Primarily, AICTE, being the endorsing authority for institutions, schools and colleges give diplomas, undergraduate and postgraduate education.
Moreover, AICTE endorses deep involvement in training, research and development of technical education in the country. The major study areas are involved, like – science and engineering, commerce and industry trade, arts, medicine and healthcare, architecture, environment, vocational studies, management, food science, hospitality, and many more.
AICTE Admission 2020 Structural Set Up
AICTE is located in New Delhi. However, has various operational regional offices in different cities of India, like – Bhopal, Chennai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Guwahati, Mumbai, Kanpur, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, and Kolkata.
AICTE comprises of eight sub departments: 1. Administrative Bureau, 2. Academic Bureau, 3. Finance Bureau, 4. Planning and Coordination Bureau, 5. Management and Technology Bureau, 6. Engineering & Tech Bureau, 7. Quality Assurance Bureau, and 8. Research & Institutional Development Bureau.