Best egg-less cheesecake recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 20 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 27 square sheets graham cracker)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons corn-starch
- 3 tablespoons water
- packet of 3 cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Lightly grease 9-inch round spring form pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine graham crumbs, butter, and sugar with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Pour the crumbs mixture into the pan and press the crumbs down into the base and up the sides. Tip: Use the bottom of a measuring cup or glass to press down the crumbs evenly. Refrigerate until you make the filling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Mix corn-starch and water in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth and free of any lumps. Add sugar and sour cream and continue mixing until incorporated. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk and beat until creamy, for 1-2 minutes. Add lemon juice, vanilla extract and corn-starch mixture; beat until well incorporated. Turn off mixer.
- Add whipped heavy cream and gently foil in using a spatula. Pour the mixture over the crust; tap gently to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the cheesecake pan on a large piece of aluminium foil and fold up the sides around it (this is to keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake). Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges are just barely puffed but the filling is pale—you’re not looking for golden brown. The centre of the cheesecake should still wobble when you remove it from the oven. Turn the oven off and allow to cool for 40 minutes in the oven with the door closed. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim. Unmould and transfer to a cake plate.