CA Exam 2020: The Institute of Chartered Accountancy of India (ICAI) will be allowing candidates to change their examination centers. so, The online correction portal will be open from June 7 to June 9. This decision has been made keeping in mind the possible troubles one can face due to the various lockdown restrictions.
The official notification mentioned “There will be no change accepted in the already applied group /medium, either in exam form or through previous correction window/s, for appearing in the CA Exam 2020 scheduled in the month of July 2020. On-line window for seeking the change of Centre will be made available at icaiexam.icai.org”
Dates for CA Exam 2020
The CA Exam 2020 has been postponed and rescheduled to be held from JULY 29 as follows:
- Foundation- August 7, 9, 11 and 14, 2020
- Intermediate – Old SchemeGroup I – July 30, August 2, 4 and 6, 2020 Group II – August 8, 10 and 13
- Intermediate – New SchemeGroup I – July 30, August 2, 4 and 6, 2020 Group II – August 8, 10 , 13 and 16, 2020
For Foundation Course:
- 12th pass students or students who have appeared for the class 12 examination can register for the Foundation Course.
- Arts, Science, Commerce or students of any other stream can apply for it.
- No minimum percentage scores are required in 12th class to register in it.
For Intermediate Course:
- 12th pass students who have passed the CPT (Common Proficiency Test) or CA Foundation (as per the new scheme).
Registration and Fees
You can register online through the ICAI SSP Portal. Offline registration is not required. You can upload all the documents online.
Registration fees are as follows:
- Intermediate/ Intermediate (IPC) course: Single group- Rs 1500 and for both groups- Rs 2700
- Final Course (Old & New): Single group- Rs 1800 and for both groups- Rs 3300
- Foundation Course: Rs1500
ICAI will be conducting the CA Exam 2020 at 207 centres nationwide. It will conduct the examination at five centres overseas. These centers are Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, Kathmandu and Muscat.
Syllabus and paper pattern
Paper-1: Principles and Practice of Accounting (100 marks).
Paper-2: Business Law and Business Correspondence and Reporting (100 marks)
- Section A: Business Law (60 marks)
- Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting (40 marks)
Paper 1 and paper 2 are descriptive type papers. Three hours with be given to solve each paper.
Paper-3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning and Statistics (100 marks)
- Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 marks)
- PartII: Statistics (40 marks)
Paper-4: Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 marks)
- Part I: Business Economics (60 marks)
- Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 marks)
Paper 3 and paper 4 are objective type papers with negative marking. Each correct answer carries 1 mark. Each incorrect answer carries -0.25 marks.
A General Overview about the CA Examinations
These examinations are held twice a year in the months of May and November. You need to register by filling up the CA Examination form released in the months of March and September respectively.
However this year, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has postponed the CA June 2020 examinations. This announcement has been made due to the increasing outbreak of COVID-19 in several parts of the country and lockdown. To confirm the news, ICAI released a detailed notification on its website regarding the postponing and rescheduling of the exams.
According to the details provided in the official notification, all exams are scheduled to be held in the afternoon shift. The two shifts are- from 2 PM to 5 PM or 2 PM to 6 PM, depending upon the duration of the exams. The elective paper 6 for Final Exam will be of 4 hours.
Earlier, the May examination was scheduled to be conducted in June and July 2020, which is again postponed. Now the examinations will commence from July 29.
The result declaration can be pushed till September.
About the CA Course
Chartered Accountant, also known as CA is one of the most respectful and challenging career fields. It is a good option for higher education in India. In India, the CA course is conducted by the ICAI (Indian Chartered Accountants Institute).
After the completion of this course one can go for jobs such as auditing, cost accounting, consulting, etc.
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education