Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, various exams have been postponed. And one of them being the COMEDK exam. But COMEDK is said to release the COMEDK Admit Card for the COMEDK UGET and COMEDK Uni-Gauge on June 20. And they will conduct the exam on June 27.
COMEDK will conduct the UGET 2020 on Saturday, June 27 in two shifts. But the first shift will be from 9 am to 12 noon. And the second shift will be from 2 pm to 5 pm. COMEDK will allow the shift and exam centre in the Test Admission Ticket (TAT). And based on this the candidates will have to attend the exam.
Recently, the website opened its application editing portal. Those candidates who had filled the form earlier but had made mistakes, they could correct them by editing the details. This portal was open from noon on 1st June to 4 pm on 3rd June.
Candidates may visit the official website of COMEDK https://www.comedk.org/ for all updates. But because of the Covid-19 consequences, the helpline number will remain closed. Any queries must be emailed to [email protected]
COMEDK is a national level entrance exam. Its full form is Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. And its scores are mainly used as an admission criterion for the colleges and universities in Karnataka. Some of the top colleges also accept COMEDK scores for admission. For example, the top three institutes of Karnataka are:
1. Rashtriya Vidyalaya (RV) College of Engineering
2. Bhusanayana Mukundadas Sreenivasaiah (BMS) College of Engineering
3. Ramaiah Institute of Technology
And all three colleges are situated in Bengaluru. Getting internships and job placements from these colleges becomes easy because Bengaluru is known as the ‘Technology Hub’. And thus, there are plenty of job opportunities for the students.
1. The syllabus of the COMEDK Exam is very similar to that of JEE Mains, JEE Advanced and BITSAT. Because of this, separate preparation for this exam is not required. Every engineering aspirant prepares for JEE and BITSAT. And thus, extra preparation is not required for COMEDK.
2. The COMEDK exam difficulty level is less than that of both JEE Main and BITSAT. Because of this, there’s no reason to worry much. But just keep the preparation in full swing.
3. Many candidates prefer enrolling into top coaching institutes to make the best out of them during the preparation. But there are a few who prefer to self-study and attempt the exam. And if you’re doing so, preferring to the right set of books is necessary. And amongst these, NCERT plays a major role.
ADVANTAGE OF GETTING ADMISSION INTO THE TOP COLLEGES OF KARNATAKA
The colleges are very popular because of their placements and packages. For example, RV College of Engineering provides an average package of around Rs 16.5 lakhs. And this is equal to the packages top IITs and NITs provide for Computer Science. RV College of Engineering is a private college, but its packages are the same as in national-level institutions.
COMEDK EXAM PAPER PATTERN
The COMEDK Exam consists of questions from all three subjects- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. To prepare well for COMEDK, candidates must go through the syllabus thoroughly. And they must also solve previous years’ question papers to get an idea about the paper pattern and questions asked.
COMEDK will conduct COMEDK UGET 2020 in the online mode for 3 hours. And the question paper will consist of 180 questions. Each subject will have 60 questions. 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer. But there is no negative marking.
COMEDK EXAM SYLLABUS
Following are the list of topics that questions usually cover the in the COMEDK Exam.
– Heat & Thermodynamics
– Thermal and Chemical effects of currents
– Current & Electricity
– Alternating Current
– Physical-world & measurement
– Environmental Chemistry
– Chemical reactions and Kinetics
– Nuclear chemistry
– Chemistry in action
– Coordination chemistry and organometallics
– Transition metals including lanthanides
– Chemistry of carbon compounds
– Chemistry of biological processes
– 3D Geometry
– Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
– Differential calculus
– Matrices and determinants
– Differential equations
– Integral calculus
– Exponential and logarithmic series
– Correlation and regression
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education