GATE 2021 Exam : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ,popularly known as GATE. It is a national level entrance examination conducted jointly by Institute of Science (IISc) , Bangalore , MHRD , Government of India and one of the IITs on the behalf of NCB-GATE . GATE is a gateway to get enrolled in Master of Engineering , Master in Technology and direct P.Hd admission to IITs , IIITs and NITs. This exam also provides an opportunity for the candidates to get recruitment through PSUs.
Indian Institute of Technology , Bombay in the year 2021 will act as a conducting authority for the GATE 2021 Exam. It will release the official notification tentatively in the second week of July,2020. The registration process for GATE 2021 Exam will begin tentatively in the last week of August. Candidates have to select their choice of subjects from the 25 mentioned papers. GATE 2021Exam will be conducted in the first and second week of February tentatively in different slots. It will be a computer based test. The score card of GATE 2021 Exam will be valid for 3 years.
Table of Contents
Important Dates for GATE 2021 Exam
|Registration||Last week of August, 2020|
|Admit card available||First week of January, 2021|
|Commencement of Exam||First and Second week of February, 2021|
GATE 2021 EXAM PATTERN
Mode: The exam is conducted in online (CBT) mode.
Papers: The exam is conducted for 25 subjects .
Type of Questions: The questions are of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
No. of Questions: The question paper consists of 65 questions.
Maximum marks: The question paper is of 100 marks.
Duration of Exam: The exam will be of total 3 hours.
Marking Scheme: For MCQs and NATs, various questions will be of 1 or 2 marks. In questions of 1 mark, 1/3 marks will be deducted for incorrect responses. For questions of 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted for wrong answers. No negative marking for numerical type questions.
Candidates with any of the following degree is eligible for GATE 2021Exam :
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology).
- B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S. Bachelor’s degree in Science
- MBBS Degree holders
- M. Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent.
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2) IntegratedMaster’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 years program).
- B. Arch. Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)/Naval Architecture (4 years course)/Planning (4 years course).
|Category||Application Fee||During Extended Period|
|Female candidates||Rs 750||Rs 1250|
|SC / ST / PWD* candidates||Rs 750||Rs 1250|
|All other candidates||Rs 1500||Rs 2000|
SYLLABUS FOR GATE 2021 Exam
- Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
- Mathematics (MA): Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Functional Analysis, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Algebra,etc
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Electronic Devices, Signals and Systems, Digital Circuits, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR): Architecture and Design, Construction and Management, Building Materials, Environmental Planning and Design, Building and Structure, etc.
Gate 2021 Exam Preparation Tips
- Gate focuses primarily on fundamental concepts and numerical solving skills, so the candidates appearing for this exam are advised to practice more and more questions and the concepts must be clear to them.
- Candidates should mainly focus on self study and should plan their schedule after going through the syllabus thoroughly.
- Students must fix days for revision during their preparation.
- Candidates who join various coaching get a schedule from them which they should follow dedicatedly.
- Candidates should monitor their progress and work hard on their weaker sections.
- Determination and continuous practice are the key requirements to gain success in this exam.
GATE 2021 EXAM REGISTRATION PROCESS
GATE 2021 Exam application forms are likely to be available tentatively from the last week of August,2020. It will be an online process.
The official website for GATE 2021 Exam is – gate.iitd.ac.in
To fill the online form a candidate must follow the following steps:
- You must register yourself through GOAPs by entering your name , Mobile number , email id. After this enrollment i.d will be generated.
- You must keep your enrollment I.D and password for future references.
STEP-2 FILLING OF APPLICATION FORM
- After registering yourself, the application form will be available.
- You have to fill in your details in the application form.
- You will get an option to opt for your preferred exam centre.
STEP-3 UPLOADING IMAGES
- After filling the examination form you have to upload the scanned copy of the signature and photographs as per the guidelines given by the authority.
PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPHS – 2KB-200KB
SIGNATURE – 2KB – 150KB
STEP-4 FEE PAYMENT
- You have to pay the application fee in online mode.
STEP-5 APPLICATION FORM SUBMISSION
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education