GATE COAP 2020 : The coordinating institute of the Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, or IIT Madras, has announced round-two results. Registered candidates can access the seat allotment offer through the official website of COAP — coap.iitm.ac.in. Candidates will have the choice of deciding whether to simply accept the offers till June 18 by 12 pm. The COAP 2020 Information Brochure also provides a tentative schedule for the upcoming main counselling rounds and also the additional four online rounds.
The COAP official website also informed that IIT Mandi are participating within the COAP 2020 from round 3 onwards.
It must be noted that students must login with-in June 17 to 18 to form their decision on seat allotment failing which the allotted seat (if any) are going to be automatically rejected.
Students who accept the allotted seat need to login to the respective institute portal, pay the seat acceptance fees and submit documents online to verify the seat. Candidates who are willing to simply accept the offer can login to the institute’s website, verify documents and pay the requisite fee within the stipulated date. However, students who don’t want to just accept the allotted seat can continue on to the further rounds of COAP counselling.
Common Offer Acceptance Portal, or COAP, could be a common platform for the registered candidates to form a preferred choice for admission to an MTech programme within the participating institutes or job offer from participating public sector units (PSU). In 2019, twenty-one institutes including IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Indore, IIT Kharagpur and IIT Madras and a PSU NPCIL came together and took part in COAP for filling their MTech seats or job vacancies.
Students should register for COAP together with registering to the respective IITs so as to require admission within the institute. The allotment of seats is completed by IITs on the premise of their selection process. COAP only facilitates the scholars by providing the common window for the admission process. IITs will announce the subsequent round of seat allotment on quarter day.
Table of Contents
Definition of COAP
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) provides a typical platform for a candidate to create the popular choice for admission into M.Tech programs in participating IITs. COAP is introduced to beat the scenario of vacant seats and to supply admission to several other deserving candidates. Earlier, variety of M.Tech program seats left vacant thanks to many reasons like offers for employment from PSU, admission to other institutes.
Objectives/Aims of COA
- To produce a typical platform for a candidate to form the foremost preferred choice (job in PSU or Graduate study)
- In order to be ready to offer admission to candidates who get bereft of seats (in Institutions) because of multiple offers held by some candidates till second, leading to vacancies
- Reference to Mitigate/ eliminate the scenarios that arise because of ‘multiple offers’ (made by Institutions) that cause vacant posts in PSUs or vacant seats in Graduate programs of IITs.
Eligibility criteria for GATE COAP 2020
- Candidates must have a sound GATE score (2020 and/or 2019 and/or 2018) and will apply for the admission within the participating Institutes can apply through COAP.
- You must check the eligibility criteria of the colleges that you’re applying.
- In the case of quite one valid scorecard, you want to provide the scorecard with an improved score or rank.
Documents Required for registration process of GATE COAP
It is vital for candidates to hold some documents together with them so as to avoid any quite failure within the GATE counselling procedure. a number of the important documents to be carried by the candidates are stated below:
- GATE scorecard
- Engineering academic record
- Application fee receipt
- Mark-sheet of 10th and 12th (original)
- SC/ ST certificate
- PwD category certificate
- Identification proof
Important Instructions followed by the aspirants of GATE COAP 2020
The candidates must confine mind certain important instructions at the time of GATE COAP 2020 so as to finish the counselling procedure without facing any discrepancies
- Candidate must note that everyone IIT institutes have separate forms for the counselling procedure.
- The candidates must bring all the first documents at the time of GATE 2020 counselling.
- After the GATE 2020 result’s declared, the candidates should keep checking the official website for updates of GATE 2020 counselling.
- In order to extend the possibilities of getting admission into IITs, the candidates are advised to use to all or any the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) for all the programs like M.Tech, ME, M.Sc, etc. that they’re eligible.
- COAP is that the platform for Participating Institutes where Admission offers are uploaded by IITs during a common-time window. To access the offers made by participating IIT, each candidate also will need to register at COAP additionally to applying for admission.
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education