Post office of India has invited applications for India Post GDS Recruitment 2020. The government organisation has released the official notification on its official web site India post
In addition, the organisation has confirmed the last date to apply for Jammu and Kashmir circle id August 05, 2020. Similarly, for Rajasthan circle, Applicants can register and fill the form by July 21, 2020.
The official notification is in the PDF format. So, applicants can read the full notification on the website appost.in/gdsonline
Table of Contents
Details Of Posts and Vacancies
India post has released more than four thousand (4000+) vacancies for the posts of BRANCH POSTMASTER (BPM), ASSISTANT BRANCH POSTMASTER (ABPM), AND DAK SEVAK under GDS recruitment 2020. So, the details are as follows:
- Branch Postmaster (BPM)
- Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)
- Dak Sevak
- Jammu and Kashmir Circle – 442
- Rajasthan Circle – 3262
- Madhya Pradesh Circle – 2834
So, the candidates can apply for the following posts according to their requirements and needs before the deadline.
Important dates for GDS Recruitment 2020
The Post Office of India has released the dates for submission. The online application form and fee submission dates are as follows:
JAMMU AND KASHMIR CIRCLE
- Online application starts: July 06, 2020
- Last date to apply: August 05, 2020
- Online application starts: June 22, 2020
- Last date to apply: July 21, 2020
MADHYA PRADESH CIRCLE
- Online application starts: June 08, 2020
- Last date to apply: July 14, 2020
So, these are the details for applying online for all the posts of GDS recruitment 2020.
NOTE – The government organisation, India Post, has made provisions available from July 08 to July 14, 2020. It has been done only for those candidates who have already applied for the cancelled posts for Madhya Pradesh Circle.
The government organisation has set the eligibility criteria for the posts of Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM), Branch Postmaster (BPM), and Das Sevak for the GDS recruitment 2020. The eligibility criteria include age, and educational qualifications and other requirements. So, the details are as follows:
certainly, as per the detailed notification of India Post for the GDS recruitment 2020. Candidates’ age should be between 18 years to 40 years as on July 06, 2020. In addition, the organisation has provided age relation to certain categories. The details are as follows:
AGE RELAXATION FOR DIFFERENT CATEGORIES
- A person with a disability and also an SC/ ST – 15 years
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – 3 years
- A person with disabilities (PWD) – 10 years
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 5 years
- A person with disabilities and also an OBC – 13 years
NOTE – The organisation of government (Post Office of India) will not provide any relaxation to EWS applicants in upper age limit. However, a candidate of EWS category who is not covered under the scheme of reservations will get a 10% reservation. This will be done as per the instructions of Directorate.
- A candidate should have passed 10th standard and has its certificate. He/ She should have obtained passing marks in mathematics subject in particular.
- All applicants must have studied the local language as well as the English language as a compulsory or elective subject. The institution has made it a mandatory educational qualification for all posts under GDS recruitment 2020.
- Mandatory Knowledge Of Local Language
All the applicants who apply for any of the posts of Gramin Das Sevak recruitment 2020 should have studied the local language at least up to Secondary classes ( 10th standard). The local language could be a compulsory or an elective subject as per the detailed notification of the GDS recruitment 2020.
NOTE – In addition, the Candidate who has passed 10th class examination in the first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
The Post Office of India has updated the minimum Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA). Thus, the following Minimum TRCA shall be payable to the categories of GDS :
- For BPM – 12,000 to 14,000
- ABPM and Dak Sevak – 10,000 to 12,000
All the candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 100/-. A few categories are exempted to pay the application fees. So, the following are the details:
- Applicants who belong to the following categories and are male need to pay the application fees of Rs. 100/- per person. The categories are as follows:
- Unreserved (UR)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
- Trans – man
NOTE 1 – Candidates who are females or Trans – woman do not need to pay any application fees. In addition, all SC, ST, and PWD candidates shall not pay the online application fees for GDS recruitment 2020.
NOTE 2 – All the applicants can pay the online application fee through online mode as well as offline mode.
Procedure To Apply For GDS Recruitment 2020
The candidates need to register themselves first and apply for the posts of Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM), and Das Sevak under the GDS recruitment 2020. So, the steps are as follows:
- Firstly, applicants need to Register themselves on the official website.
- Then, candidates will fill the application form by clicking on the link apply online
- Candidates need to upload their documents.
- After that, candidates need to submit their preferences.
- Further, UR/OBC/EWS Male/Trans-man candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 100/-.
Selection Criteria: GDS Recruitment 2020
- The government organisation will select the candidates on the merit basis. The institution will generate a merit list as per the rules of the government.
- India post will consider the marks of 10th standard only. A candidate should have passed 10th class examinations. The organisation will consider the percentage of total marks obtained to the accuracy of four decimals for finalizing the selection.
- In addition, the government institution has made it mandatory; all the applicants must have passed all subjects in their 10th class examinations.
- Candidates who have both marks and grades in the mark list need to apply with marks only.
NOTE – The organisation will not give any weightage to 12th standard certificate or examinations.
Post office of India has invited applications for India Post GDS Recruitment 2020. The government organisation has released the official notification on its official web site. In addition, the organisation has confirmed the last date to apply for Jammu and Kashmir circle id August 05, 2020. Similarly, for Rajasthan circle, Applicants can register and fill the form by July 21, 2020.
Applicants must fulfil the requirements for the eligibility criteria. Candidates can apply through online mode only. But, they can pay the application fee through both online and offline.
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education