Birthday Today: A well known Indian filmmaker, director, and producer, the Multi-talented Aditya Chopra was born on May 21 in the year 1971. He is the son of late Indian filmmaker Yash Chopra and Pamela Chopra.
His most famous works in the Bollywood industry include Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge which released in 1995 and was his debut, Mohabbatein which released in 2000, Rab ne Bana Di Jodi which released in 2008 and Befikre which hit the screens in the year 2016.
Table of Contents
As Aditya Chopra heads on to celebrate his 49th birthday today, let us have a look at some of the lesser known facts about him:
- Aditya Chopra debuted as a director with Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge only when he was 23 years old. The film featured Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Rani Mukherjee in lead roles and remains to be a romantic classic even today.
- Aditya Chopra has found his best friend in the Bollywood Industry is yet another famous filmmaker Karan Johar whose movies run under the banner of Dharma Productions. As a matter of fact, Karan Johar kicked off his career assisting Aditya in the movie DDLJ and Johar was encouraged by Aditya Chopra himself to take up a career in direction.
- Aditya Chopra is shy by nature and likes to maintain a rather low profile as compared to his counterparts in the industry and has only stepped out to give two public interviews in his twenty-year-long career. He is also called the ‘Invisible director’ by some for the same reason. He suffers from Anti-Social Personality disorder and has spent his entire teenage years recovering from it.
- Aditya is not only a great filmmaker but is also good at playing football. Another popular filmmaker and Aditya’s dear friend from school Abhishek Kapoor swears by his skills in the sport.
- Not many are aware about his great skills in poetry. Apart from writing dialogues for the movies, Aditya has also written poems recited in the movies. Some of these include Teri Aankhon ki Namkeen Mastiyan from Shah Rukh Khan’s journal in the movie Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Aisa pehli baar hua satra athra saalon mein from Kajol’s diary in the movie Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaynge and Bande hai hum uske humpe kiska zor wherein actor Aamir Khan reflects his nostalgia in the movie Dhoom 3.
- Aditya has always been a bright student and good at academics. He is a pass out of a renowned school in Mumbai ‘Bombay Scottish School’. He has completed his graduation from the ‘Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics’.
In a quest to learn more of the art of filmmaking, Aditya had also assisted his father, the late Yash Chopra, on a schedule of Deepak Sareen’s Aaina and the very famous late Sridevi starrer Chandani.
- Many fresh faces in the industry owe their debuts to the filmmaker who has always been appreciative of new talents and infusion of fresh blood into the industry. These include Parineeti Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Parmeet Sethi and Mandira Bedi.
- Aditya Chopra has won multiple national awards for his movies including ones for Darr, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaynge, Hum Tum, Veer Zara, Chak De! India, Roadside Romeo, Ishaqzaade, Shuddh Desi Romance and Dum Laga ke Haisha.
- He considers 21 to be his lucky number. The filmmaker was born on May 21. The filmmaker got married to Bollywood actress Rani Mukherjee on April 21.
- Aditya Chopra initially wanted to cast Tom Cruise in his debut movie DDLJ opposite Kajol and provide the movie with an romance touch but his father Yash Chopra felt that the movie would not turn out to be commercially viable that way.
- Aditya Chopra’s first marriage was with his childhood sweetheart Payal Khanna until their divorce in the year 2009. He married Rani Mukherjee in the year 2014 in a private wedding ceremony which took place in Italy and has a daughter with her named Adira Chopra.
- The favourite movies of Aditya Chopra include Chupke Chupke, Mughal E Azam, Kabhie Kabhie, Awara, Goodfellas, ET, Cinema Paradiso, Deewar and Masoom.
Wishing Aditya Chopra a very happy birthday!
For more upcoming Birthday updates visit Aware earth – Birthday Today