American actress and model, Meghan Denise Fox was born on May 16 of the year 1986 and stepped into the acting career in the year 2001. She kicked off her career with several minor roles on the television and in movies as well. She went on to play a regular character in the television sitcom Hope & Faith which attracted eyeballs. Happy birthday Megan Fox..
Birthday girl made her debut into the mainstream movies in the year 2004 with a part played by her in the teen comedy Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. Her breakout role was that in the movie Transformers where she co-starred as Mikaela Banes who was the romantic interest of the character of Shia LaBeouf.
Table of Contents
Some of the best works of Fox are:
This Is 40
Megan Fox played a supporting role in this relationship comedy and her character name was Desi. She started out as a hot stereotypical girl who was an object of lust and jealousy amongst the other older characters of the movie but later reveals to be much more.
Fox really came out of the shell and delivered this performance which depicted utmost sincerity. She could be seen perfecting her comic timing and her talent was appraised so much so that she was called for seeking out more comic roles by her fans.
Critics and fans both agree to the fact that this role of Fox has been the absolute craziest to date with Megan playing the character of Jennifer. The movie was of a horror – comedy genre and had the most spectacular one liners. The transformation of Jennifer was also portrayed perfectly by the actress who was initially a semi-nice and popular girl but later went on to become the ultimate she-devil. She was able to deliver a justifying performance with being funny, sexy and scary at times whenever required.
Friends With Kids
Another solid comedy was the movie Friends with kids which featured Fox in a supporting role with her playing the famous character of Mary Jane. She played a young actress who dated the very recently divorced Adam Scott and portrayed excellent comic timing. Her performance was full of wits, humour and had many layers to it.
This one had to make the cut which made the actress skyrocket to fame. Megan played the role of Mikaela and became a household name ever since. For her jaw dropping performance in the same, she garnered an MTV movie award nomination for the best breakthrough performance and FHM (For him magazine – a men’s lifestyle magazine) declared her to be the sexiest woman in the year 2008.
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
Megan Fox played a major part in this follow up of Lindsay Lohan’s Mean Girls. She played the character role of Carla who is a wannabe making the life of Lindsay’s character miserable. The movie was a teen musical comedy and released in the year 2004.
Here are some lesser known facts about the Transformers’ actress:
Happy Birthday Megan Fox
- Megan Fox’s parents Gloria Darlene and Franklin Thomas Fox split up only when she was three years old and she was mostly raised by her single mother.
- Her family was strict while she was growing up so that let alone have a boyfriend, she could not even invite her friends over to the family home. She was disciplined in a catholic school as a child.
- Megan Fox was banned from a Walmart store as she was caught shoplifting makeup as a teenager when she was fifteen years old.
- She began her career in modelling at the mere age of thirteen years and went on to win a handful of awards in the year 1999 at the American modelling and Talent Convention.
- Fox has been a victim of bullying in her school days to the extent that she had to eat her lunch in the girls’ bathroom or else she was pelted with ketchup packets and made to be feel like an outcast.
- Fox had once worked as a Tropical Smoothie in Florida where she had to dance to the customers of the store wearing a banana costume which didn’t even cover her face and readily revealed her identity. This led her to be prone to more bullying.
- Megan quit her education at the age of seventeen and moved to pursue her career in acting in the city of Los Angeles.
- She was ordered to gain ten pounds to reprise her role in the second transformers movie Revenge of the Fallen as she had been somewhat criticized for her slim appearance earlier.
- While shooting for the second transformers movie, the actress had stirred up controversy by comparing the director of the movie to Adolf Hitler. She was eventually fired from the third sequel to the series.