Jr. NTR Birthday. Jr. NTR is short for his name Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao, the Telugu actor who was born on May 20 in the year 1983. Having served as both a television personality and actor, he is most famous for his work and contribution to the Telugu film industry. His career in the industry has spanned for eighteen long years within duration of which, the actor has done about twenty eight movies.
Jr. NTR’s debut movie was Student No. 1 as an adult, which released in the year 2001. The actor got married on May 5 in the year 2011 to Lakshmi Pranathi at Hyderabad. The couple currently serve to be parents to two children.
Table of Contents
Here are some lesser known facts about the Telugu actor:
- His first appearance on the silver screen was as a child artist at the mere age of ten. He appeared in the movie Brahmashri Vishwamitra which released in the year 1991 and was directed by his own grandfather N.T. Rama Rao.
- NTR is actually his screen name and in actual he is named Tarak.
- His favourite hero is NTR and his favourite actress is the Late Sridevi. His all time favourite song is Ralipoye Puvva Neeku Raagalenduke and all time favourite movie is Dana Veera Sura Karna. He also has a favourite movie in Hollywood which is Charlie’s Angels. White serves to be his favourite colour.
- The actor is extremely fond of both yoga and meditation and is the disciple of Jaggi Vasudev aka Sadguru whose preaching he follows.
- After the legendary Rajnikanth himself, Jr. NTR serves to be the second actor of the Indian film industry whose movie has been dubbed in the Japanese language. His film “Baadshah” which released in 2013 in India is actually the first Telugu movie which has been released in Japan. The movie was also nominated for a film festival in Japan.
- The actor has a weird obsession and connection with the number ‘9’. Not only is nine his favourite number, all the cars which are owned by the actor is registered with the digits 9999 for which he has shelled out massive amounts as huge as INR 10.5 lacs (for his BMW car).
- The family which he hails from which is the Nandamuri family is also one of the most powerful clans of his hometown Andhra Pradesh.
- He is regarded as one of the best dancers that the Telugu film industry could boast of and is a well trained Kuchipudi dancer.
Jr. NTR and his immense stardom:
- The Indian railways had run ten special trains in the year 2004, which broke all records, for the audio launch of Jr. NTR’s movie Andhrawala which was a massive launch event taking place in the presence of about an audience of ten lakh people.
- In the same event, one of the actor’s fans had died owing to a heavy stampede. The family of the deceased received a donation of INR 5 lakhs from the NTR family. Not only this, Rao also pledged to take care of the entire family post the incidence. However, the film unfortunately could not work out well at the box office.
- The actor has also done playback singing for a Kannada song for the movie Chakravyuha. The song has been named ‘Geleya Geleya’. Apart from this, he has also lent his vocals to five Telugu songs which are ‘Raakasi Raakasi’, ‘Kantri’, ‘Follow Follow’, ‘Yamadonga’ and ‘Chary’.
- NTR is a fan of cooking and loves to cook. It is this of hobby of his which he finds to be stress busting and he often cooks for his wife. He had also cooked food for the contestants of the reality show Bigg Boss Telugu, of which he was the host, who were pleasantly surprised by his skills.
- As a part of social work, Jr. NTR had pledged his support of donation of a massive sum of INR 20 lakhs to the CM relief fund in the year 2014 to undertake relief operations for victims hit by the Hudhud cyclone in Andhra Pradesh.
Some feathers gathered by him in his hat include:
- He has been featured twice in the Forbes India Celebrity list for the years of 2012 and 2016. In 2012, he was positioned at the 66th rank holding an annual income of INR 19 crores (Rs. 190 million) in Forbes India Top 100 celebrities and 55th rank in 2016 holding an annual income of INR 36 crores (Rs. 360 million).
- The movie Ramayanam in which he starred as a child artist in the year 1996 went on to win the National Film Award for Best Children’s film.
- NTR has been the recipient of two Best Telugu Actor Awards at Filmfare, two state Nandi Awards and four CineMAA Awards!
- The Telugu actor has also received several other awards including South Indian International Movie Awards, Zee Golden Awards, AP Cinegoer’s Awards, Radio City Cine Awards, IIFA Utsavam, Zee Cinemalu Awards, Mirchi Music Awards South, Kalaa Sudha Awards, Santosham Film Awards, South Scope Awards, Sitara Awards, Gemini TV Awards and FNCC awards for his magnificent performances and contributions to Telugu cinema. Most of these were received for the category of Best Actor.
- His stint as a child artist had also won him awards for the best child actor at the AP Cinegoer’s Association Awards, Bharatmuni Art Academy Award and the Yuvakalavahini Award.
Some of the actor’s best movies which have also received critical acclaim include his debut movie Student No. 1, Simhadri, Jai Lava Kusa, Temper, Aadi, Yamadonga, Nannaku Prematho, Brindavanam, Janatha Garage and Aravinda Sametha Veera Raghava.
As we know Jr. NTR Birthday started trending on Twitter for many days before his Birthday date.
For more upcoming Birthday updates visit Aware earth