North Bengal University offers new UG course of Tea Sciences I Know more about NBU I Admissions, eligibility, fees, placements
North Bengal University offers new course of Tea Sciences
North Bengal University (NBU) is a state type university. It is located in Darjeeling, West Bengal. It’s establishment was in 1962 i.e. 58 years ago. The university’s motto was ” Enlightment to perfection”. The chancellor of the university is Jagdeep Dhankar. The vice chancellor is Professor Subires Bhattacharyya. It offers various UG, PG, M.Phil, Ph.D and distance education courses.
Important Update :
- The North Bengal Uiversity will introduce Tea Sciences as fulltime UG course.
- No other of three streams provide this course. NBU is the first university in India to provide the course.
- Tea Sciences course will help generate employment opportunities for students and tea estates.
- The 3-year Tea Sciences course will have 20 seats.
- Those students who passed in higher secondary can enroll from August 10. They will offer Biology, Microbology and Chemistry as combination papers.
- Experts from tea plantations and research centres will be invited for sesssions.
Important Dates :
LLM Admissions start date 14 – 24 August 2020
Entrance Date(LLM) 3 September 2020
M.Lib.I.Sc Appliation start date 21 August – 3 September 2020
Entrance Date (M.Lib.I.Sc) 18 September 2020
MBA Admission start date 21 May – 5 July 2020
MA/M.Sc/M.Com./ B.Lib.I.Sc admissions 4 – 15 July 2020
Entrance Date 27 July 2020
Courses and Eligibility in North Bengal University :
Courses Specifications Eligibility
1.B.Sc(H) Microbiology, Zoology, Chemistry, Graduate with PCM with
Geography, Mathematics, Physics 60% marks.
2. B.A.(H) English, Hindi, Law, Commerce, Graduate in any subject
Political science. group with 60% marks.
3. LLB — Graduation in any
4. B.Ed discipline.
5. M.sc Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Graduate in any discipline. Zoology, Mathematics
6. M.Com — Honours in a relevant subject.
7. BBA — 10+2 in any subject group.
8. BCA — 10+2 with Mathematics.
9. BA LLB(H) — 10+2 with atleast 55% aggregate.
10. B.Li.Sc — Graduation with 50% aggregate.
11. Diploma French Language 10+2 from recognized board.
Key Points :-
- PG Diploma courses are also offered in off-campus mode.
- 22% and 6% reserved for SC and ST respectively belonging to West Bengal and Sikkim.
- 3% seats reserved for BPL and NSS category.
Fees of North Bengal University :
Course Fees Eligibility
1.LLB(H) Rs. 4,695 (1st year) Graduation
2. MCA Rs. 11,756 (1st year) Graduation
3. M.Sc Rs. 2,696 (1st year) Graduation
4. MBA Rs. 80,500 (1st year) Graduation with 50% + CAT
5. MA Rs. 2,696 (1st year) Graduation
6.BBA Rs. 32,400 / year 10+2 from recognized board
7. Ph.D Rs. 7,315 / year relevant degree
North Bengal University Admissions :
Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria can submit their application form though official website. The forms filled via online mode only. 60% seats in PG course reseved for NBU candidates. Whereas 40% seats are available for others.
- Admission to BA, B.Sc, BBA, BCA, B.Ed, LLB granted through merit-list. Merit- list releases on the basis of their last qualifying examination.
- For MA, M.Sc, MCA, LLM admissions offered via written test. This written test is followed by viva-voce.
- For MBA, candidate should have score in CMAT/ MAT/ CAT/XAT. This is followed by GD and PI.
North Bengal University Distance Education :
The university provides quality UG and PG courses. In PG, 7 specialiszations are provided. It includes MA in English, Bengali, Nepali, Philosophy, Pollitical Science, History. And M.Sc in Mathematics is also there. UG courses like BA and B.Co are also provided by Distance Education.
North Bengal University’s Facilities :
-> Library : The librayry there is member of UGC INFONET for online subscription of jourals. It also provides students with helpful bboks, journals, project theses to meet their needs.
-> Hostels : There are 11 hostels on campus. It accomodates more than 1000 students. The university also provides hostel facilities to international students.
-> Health Centre : University offers fre medical services to look after the health of students.
North Bengal University’s Scholarships :
University looks after student’s financial needs who come from financial backgrounds. It offers various scholarships and freeships to desrving candidates. They introduce separate notifications inviting applications. The candidates from SC/ST/OBC shou;d submit scholarship form in the university.
The university provides internshipas and placements through its T&P Cell. Training & Placement Cell continuously coordinates with various organizations and industries for placements. It already placed percentage of students in industry. It obtains feedback and conveys departments which then train students accordingly. Hence, it leads to increasing employability.