Popular Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan’s house Mannat has gone viral on social media. It happened after a picture of the house covered with plastic sheets surfaced online. As the number of coronavirus cases is rising at an alarming rate in Maharashtra, many believed that it is due to the pandemic. However, it is because of Mumbai rains. And, this is not the first time the actor gets his house covered with plastic sheets. Shahrukh does this ahead of monsoon every year as a means of protecting his house.
Mannat has turned out to be one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mumbai. The place is always surrounded by fans of the superstar, waiting outside to catch a glimpse of him. He occasionally comes out at the balcony to greet his fans. His younger son Abram had been spotted accompanying him on multiple occasions. Not to mention, Shah Rukh along with wife Gauri and three kids- Aryan, Suhana, and Abram are now under self-quarantine at Mannat due to the ongoing pandemic.
- SRK bought the heritage bungalow from Nariman K Dubash, trustee of Bai Khorshed Bhanu Sanjana Trust in 2001.
- Originally named Villa Vienna, he renamed it Mannath which means ‘a vow to the gods‘. The house faces the seashore at Bandstand in Bandra, Mumbai.
- The actor extended it into a six-storeyed mansion that got its place on the tourist map of Mumbai.
- Then, his wife Gouri Khan, an interior designer herself along with furniture designer Tom Dixon, turned it into a masterpiece of neo-classical theme.
- The multi-storeyed house is connected by elevators.
- The living area extending over two floors is lavishly decorated and adorned with multiple paintings by MF Hussain, various antiques, and other art objects from across the world.
- Lastly, it ranks 10th in the list of the top houses in the world.
You might also like:
First look of Phone Bhoot released