Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has declared the SSC CGL results on July 1, 2020. The department had successfully conducted the Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 exam from March 3, 2020 to March 9, 2020. More importantly, Aspirants can check the CGL Tier 1 prelims Result with Marks 2019 and Merit List Pdf online from the official website at ssc.nic.in.
Candidates can check the category wise cut off marks through the below section.SSC CGL TIER 1 cut-off marks for different categories
In addition, SSC has released the tentative vacancies for SSC CGL 2019 at its official website on June 30. As per the notification, SSC has increased the total vacancies to 9488. SSC CGL 2020 Tier 2 is scheduled to be held from October 14 to 17, 2020.
Candidates can check the detailed notification here
List of candidates qualified in SSC CGL TIER I
The SSC department has published the results in the pdf format. Candidates can Candidates can check their results of SSC CGL TIER I through the following links.
List of candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper 1 & 2)
candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper 1, 2 & 3)
SSC CGL details
The department has mentioned the following details of the SSC CGL results 2020.
- Exam Name
- Exam Conducting Authority
- Number of Candidates Appeared
- Number of Candidates qualified
- Roll Number of Selected Candidates
Certainly, SSC, Combined Graduate Level 2019 Tier 2 exams will start from October 14 to 17, 2020 in offline mode. The SSC department will call the qualified candidates (Tier 2) for a descriptive exam later.
SSC CPO 2020 Recruitment
SSC CGL TIER 1 Result (Region – wise)
The department has published the results on the regional official sites. Candidates can check their results on the following sites. Click on the link given below.
Central Region (CR)
Northern Region (NR)
Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)
North Eastern Region (NER)
Eastern Region (ER)
Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)
North Western Sub-Region (NWR)
Western Region (WR)
Southern Region (SR)
How to check SSC CGL Result 2020 Tier 1?
Below are the simple steps to check the SSC CGL Tier 1 result 2020
- Firstly, visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission- ssc.nic.in
- Secondly, click on the “Result” provided in the homepage.
- Now, click on the “CGL” exam tab.
- After that, click on the SSC CGL result 2020 pdf file.
- Lastly, Check your roll number and download the result PDF for future reference.
Posts under SSC CGL Examination
Certainly, the Staff Selection Commission holds a competitive
examination for recruitment to the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat
Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators and other posts for various
Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India.
The online applications were started on December 3, 2019. The last date to apply was January 10, 2020 for the posts of :
- LDC (LOWER DIVISIONAL CLERK)
- DEO ( DATA ENTRY OPERATOR)
- POSTAL ASSISTANT
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs.
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100)
- Data Entry Operator, Grade “A”: Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
Eligibility Criteria for Posts of SSC CGL Tier 1
Nationality / Citizenship
A candidate must be either of the following:
(a) a citizen of India.
(b) a subject of Nepal.
(c) a subject of Bhutan.
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962.
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Asian countries.
Age as on 10.01.2020
- Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-01-2020
- Relaxation in upper age limit for different categories are as under:
Category Age-relaxation permissible
beyond the upper age limit
01 SC/ ST – 5 years
02 OBC – 3 years
03 PWD (Unreserved) – 10 years
04 (OBC) in PWD – 13 years
05 Ex-Servicemen (ESM)- 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on 10.01.2020
06 (SC/ ST) in PWD – 15 years
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination):
- The Tier-I Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice
questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for
Part-II, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Tentative Answer Keys for the Computer Based Examination will be
placed on the Commission‟s website after the Examination. Candidates
may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any, on
payment of Rs 100/- per question within the time limit given by the
Commission through on-line modality only.
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in „Pen and
Paper‟ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour
(20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates
eligible for scribes as per Para 8.1 and 8.2 above). The Paper would
comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/
Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part
paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks.
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test):
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted
on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional
Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
SSC department has declared CGL TIER 1 results 2020 on July 1, 2020. Candidates can check their result on the official website of Staff Selection Commission, i.e ssc.nic.in. In addition, SSC has notified the candidates about the tentative vacancies of CGL 2019.
For more Educational news stay tuned to Aware Earth – Education