The long wait is over as The Dragon Prince Season 4 is on its way. The Dragon Prince is an American-Canadian fantasy computer-animated web television series created for Netflix. The creators are Aaron Ehasz and Justin Richmond. Dragon Prince seasons’ production company is a joint venture of Bardel Entertainment and MWM studios. Also, Wonderstorm, a multimedia production studio co-founded in 2017, by Ehasz, Richmond, and Justin Santistevan is the producer.
It is released in 1080i HDTV picture quality. When Netflix’s original streaming online media released the previous seasons of the animated series, the viewers highly appreciated it.
Background of The Dragon Prince Series
In case you miss the storyline in each season of the show. Here’s a little back story. The series is set in a fantasy world on the continent of Xadia which is rich in magic derived from six primal elements: the Sun, Moon, Stars, Earth, Sky, and Ocean. Centuries ago, the dragons, elves, and humans of Xadia lived in peace. However, humans are having difficulty utilizing magic naturally, so they began to use dark magic, which is fuelled by the life essence of magical creatures. As a consequence, they have to move to the west, and a massive river of lava split the continent in two.
1200 years later, the human king Harrow of Katolis and his advisor, the dark mage Viren, killed the king of the dragons. Supposedly, they wanted the king of the dragon heir’s egg. As a revenge, elf assassins attempt to kill Harrow and his heir Ezran. Ezran, his half-brother Callum, and the assassin Rayla discover that the egg was not destroyed. They wanted to return the egg to Xadia to prevent war between humans and elves. But Viren seizes power after Harrow’s death. Afterwards, he sends his children, the mage Claudia and the soldier Soren, to kill the prince and recover the egg. At the end of the first season, the egg hatches into the Dragon Prince, Zym.
In the second season, Viren attempts to destroy other human kingdoms to war against Xadia. Then he also makes a secret alliance with the mysterious, imprisoned elf mage Aaravos. He communicates with him through a magic mirror and with the aid of dark magic. Meanwhile, Callum becomes the first human to directly access primal magic, connecting with the Sky Arcanum. By the end of Season 2, Viren is imprisoned for treason for having wrongfully used Harrow’s seal, and for abusing his powers of dark magic. Ezran knew about his father’s death and returns to Katolis to claim the throne.
In the third season, Ezran step down from the throne amid pressure for war because of dirty tricks. Consequently, he rejoins Callum and Rayla to return Zym to his home, the Storm Spire. Viren restored his power and leads the human armies against Xadia. He even spread more dark magic with the help of Aaravos. Likewise, Soren escapes to avoid his father’s evil goals. Viren’s army is defeated by the elves and their allies. After that, Rayla throws herself and Viren from the summit of the Spire before he can harvest Zym’s magical essence. Besides, Callum, gaining the ability to fly, dives in to save Rayla. Moreover, Zym is returned to his mother, while Claudia revives Viren using dark magic.
The Most Anticipated Release DateThe Dragon Prince Saga is coming
Fans have been very excited about the most anticipated release of Dragon Prince Season 4. On July 24, 2020, during the show’s [email protected], co-creators Ehasz and Richmond revealed that Netflix renewed another four seasons of The Dragon Prince. This will be released on Netflix in the coming years.
During a Q&A session at the Zoom into Xadia panel as part of [email protected], Ehasz saved the happy news for the last question. He surprised the assembled cast members saying that, “Netflix has picked up the whole saga of The Dragon Prince.” Fans would gladly welcome this news after season 3 ended on a cliff hanger.
Take note Ehasz used the word “whole saga” meaning it’s not only season 4 but 5, 6, and 7 each with nine episodes. So, the creators will be able to tell the full story they envisioned. Also, a video game set in the same world as the series is on the process.
Supposedly, the trailer for The Dragon Prince Season 4 was last May. However, our pandemic situation is causing the delay.
Though there hasn’t been any specific release date just yet, it is currently in pre-production. Therefore, The Dragon Prince fans won’t have to wait too long to dive back into the world of Xadia.
The Dragon Prince Season4: Expected Plot and Trailer
During the [email protected] Panel, there was no specific detail coming from the the creators of the show about the plot. Thus, we can only assume based on the previous season.
The upcoming Season 4 of The Dragon Prince will resume the epic battle all along with a rise of new Viren. Almost all events of the series take place in Xadia’s imaginative world and mystic kingdom. The force if this world resides in the six elements, which are- sun, moon, stars, earth, atmosphere, and ocean. As humans of the world have started using black magic, this will start war between the humans, the Xadian elves and dragons will throw them away. And this will give a thriller effect to viewers to the upcoming season 4.
On the other hand, the humans will have a reason to destroy the dragon Prince and ruin the egg with his heirs. The story will revolve around the rise of Xadia and its kingdom. It might also focus on the connection between Sunfire elves and Aaravos.
Viewers are also expecting an epic fight of magic against magic. Humans and elves will revive their friendship. Ezran will become king and with his friends, he will be distinguished. Tavares might be coming again to the fourth season of The Dragon Prince.
Anyway, the creators said that the plot would be similar to the previous seasons. They even say redesigning the world could be a troublesome process.
The Dragon Prince Season 4: Characters and Voice Cast
During the QandA at [email protected] panel, the creators also confirmed that the characters and voice cast will return on Season4. The characters of the said series are composed of humans, animals, beast, and elves.The upcoming characters of The Dragon Prince Season 4
- Callum (Voiced by:Jack DeSena), plays an important role as Ezran’s 14-year-old elder half-brother and King Harrow’s stepson. In the course of the series, he becomes the first human ever to wield primal magic on his own.
- Rayla (Paula Burrows), a prodigy 15-year-old Moonshadow Elf assassin. She sides with Callum and Ezran to deliver the Dragon Prince back to his mother.
- Ezran (Sasha Rojen), He is the 10-year-old son of King Harrow. he is the younger half-brother of Callum. He can speak with animals. Ezran starts as the crown prince but becomes king of Katolis by the start of the third season.
- Viren (Jason Simpson), King Harrow’s advisor, and one of the series’ primary antagonists. He is a practitioner of dark magic. He also seeks the advancement of the human race by any means.
- Claudia (Voiced by: Racquel Belmonte), the 16-year-old daughter of Viren, a talented dark mage.
- Soren (Jesse Inocalla), the 18-year-old son of Viren. Also, he is a skillful and good-hearted but boastful and immature soldier.
- King Harrow of Katolis (Luc Roderique), Ezran’s father, and Callum’s stepfather.
- Queen Sarai of Katolis (Kazumi Evans), The mother of Ezran, and Callum’s. Avizandum killed her several years before the series’ beginning.
- General Amaya, the deaf maternal aunt of Callum and Ezran. She communicates through sign language and commander of a Katolian outpost at the Breach.
- Commander Gren (Adrian Petriw), Amaya’s deputy, and interpreter.
- Corvus (Omari Newton), one of Amaya’s scouts.
- Ellis (Nahanni Mitchell), a young mountain girl.
- Opeli (Paula Burrows), She is the high Cleric of Katolis, and a prominent member of the High Council. She opposes Viren.
- Queen Aanya (Zelda Ehasz), the juvenile ruler of Duren who is wise beyond her years.
- Captain Villads (Peter Kelamis), a blind and eccentric ex-pirate.
- Prince Kasef of Neolandia (Vincent Tong), he took the throne after Viren’s shadow badly injured his father. He calls for war against Xadia.
- Saleer (Jonathan Holmes), a Katolian councilman who turns against Ezran.
- Barius(Jason Simpson), the baker of Katolis’s royal court. He is very fond of Ezran. The young prince once has stolen a lot of his jelly tarts in the past.
- Crow Master (Cole Howard), He is the deputy of the ever-absent Crow Lord. Also he is the chief caretaker of the Katolian court’s messenger crows.
- Ziard (Brian Drummond), the first human to use dark magic before humankind’s exile to the western parts of Xadia. Regem killed him in battle with Sol Regem when he refused to relinquish his new-found power.
- Aaravos (Voiced by: Erik Todd Dellums), a Star touch Elf and one of the primary antagonists of the series. He is a master of both primal and dark magic who is using Viren to accomplish his own goals.
- Runaan (Jonathan Holmes), the leader of the Moon shadow Elf assassins sent to kill King Harrow. He is the surrogate father of Rayla.
- Ethari (Vincent Gale), Runaan’s husband, and Rayla’s surrogate father.
- Lujanne (Ellie King), a Moonshadow Elf illusionist. He lives in the human realms near a focal area for primal moon magic.
- Janai (Rena Anakwe), a Sunfire Elf warrior and the younger sister of their queen Khessa (Brenda Crichlow). She is also known as the Golden Knight of Lux Aurea, the capital of the Sunfire Elves.
- Nyx (Rhona Rees), her full name is “Naimi-Selari-Nykantia”, an avaricious Skywing Elf. She is one of the few elves who is a kind and gifted elf with functional wings. She wishes to profit if given the chance. This includes stealing Zym from Callum and Rayla to get a reward from his mother.
- Ibis (Ian James Corlett), a Skywing Elf mage.
- Lain and Tiadrin(Tyrone Savage and Ely Jackson),Rayla’s parents, who were part of the Elven Dragonguard to Avizandum and Zubeia. For a long time, when Viren killed Avizandum, Rayla believed that they abandoned their duty. She felt ashamed of them. But Callum discovers the truth that they aided in saving the egg so that Viren won’t destroy.
Animals and magical beast
- Azymondias (“Zym”), an infant sky dragon, and the titular Dragon Prince.
- Bait, Ezran’s grumpy pet Glow Toad.
- Avizandum (Chris Metzen), He is the late King of the Dragons. Additionally, he is the arch dragon of the sky, and Azymondias’ father. Humans call him “Thunder”.
- Zubeia (Nicole Oliver), She is the Queen of the Dragons, the arch dragon of the sky, and Azymondias’ mother.
- Sol Regem (Adrian Hough), the former King of the Dragons. He is the arch dragon of the sun and guardian of the Breach after Avizandum’s demise. Blinded by Ziard, he has become hateful towards humans.
- Ava, Ellis’ three-legged wolf friend.
- Pip, King Harrow’s pet bird of prey.
- Phoe-Phoe, Lujanne’s Moon Phoenix companion.
- Berto (Paula Burrows), Villads’ parrot first mate.
- Pyrrah, a female red-scaled Sun Dragon.
Also read: Prison School Season 2: The Latest Update
Reviews and Suggestions
Generally speaking, The Dragon Prince series has excellent reviews both from the critics and its viewers. This is one of the inspirations of the creators to expand the show for more seasons. It got 8.4/10 ratings from Rotten tomatoes.com. Let’s see what the viewers say about the show.
A general review from its fan had to say it was fascinating. Every single element of the series has clicked into places perfectly. Others say the plot was truly captivating, and they even describe it as a masterpiece.
Likewise, parents gave their reviews about the show. They thought that the show was amazing. Besides, it is one of the best fantasy cartoons. One parent even recommended it because of its life lessons and character development. While some said, the series is a good way for children to understand the LGBTQ community.
However, it has received negative comments. One of which is the sexual agenda on kids with the King and Queen’s relationship. Other’s question the kissing scenes, and same-sex relationship.
As a result, some viewers recommend strong parental guidance for kids. Finally, they wanted the producers to lessen kissing scenes in the upcoming season since it is not suitable for children.
Leave a Reply