An American comedian, actress, writer as well as producer, that is the multi talented Tina Fey Birthday for you! She has very successfully transformed the face of modern comedy more than anyone else has.
Elizabeth Stamatina Fey was born on May 18 in the year 1970 and is best known for her work on Saturday Night Live. The sketch comedy series which aired on NBC for the years 1997 to 2006. She was also critically acclaimed for creating the show Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which premiered first on March 2015. Which aired for four successive seasons finally ending in the year 2019. She also garnered positive response for her comedy series 30 Rock which aired on NBC from the year 2006 to 2013.
Tina Fey is also known for her performances in the movies, some of which include Mean Girls which released in 2004, Baba Mama of 2008, Date Night and Mega mind which screened in 2010. Muppets most wanted which released in the year 2014, Sisters in 2015, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot of 2016, Wine country which released the previous year.
Her upcoming movie Soul was to release on June 19 this very year but has been delayed due to COVID-19 pandemic. It is now rescheduled to be released on November 20 this year.
Happy Birthday to Megan fox by Aware earth…
Amongst her several accolades, here are some feathers collected by her in her hat:
- Tina Fey has won three golden globe awards, nine Prime time Emmy awards, seven Writers Guild Awards, five Screen Actors Guild awards. And three Producers Guild awards for her contribution in acting, comedy, and writing and production roles.
- Fey has also been previously nominated for a Tony award and a Grammy award for her performances.
- Fey was granted the AP Entertainer of the year award in the year 2008 by the Associated Press.
- Tina Fey is the youngest ever recipient (40 years old) of the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor which was awarded to her in the year 2010.
- The Writers Guild of America awarded Tina Fey with the Herb Sargent Award for excellence in comedy in the year 2018.
Here are some lesser known facts about the American icon:
- Fey was a fan of comedy since her childhood days and would stay up late in order to watch comic shows over television while growing up. Some of the shows watched most by her included The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Young Frankenstein and The Honeymooners. Fey also did a book report over comedy when she was only eleven years old due to her fondness of it in the eighth grade.
- When she was five years old, she was slashed by a strange man which explains the scar she carries on her left cheek. She could not figure out the exact incident as she was just in kindergarten and she just thought somebody had marked her with a pen.
- Her first official appearance on television was in a bank commercial much before she was hired as a writer for Saturday Night Live in 1997. Her 90s hair was also somewhat the talk of the time.
- Tina Fey chose to play the role of a mathematics teacher in Mean Girls as an attempt to push back against the stereotype. That girls are bad at attempting the subject and cannot do math. However, it still holds true that she did not understand a word of what she was delivering while fighting the prejudice.
- Tina Rey was promoted as the head writer of Saturday Night Live two years after she joined the crew. She was the first woman to be named the head writer and acted over the position for six long seasons of the show. Post her departure, as she had already the paved the way, two more women followed suit and acted as head writers for the comic show.
- Her father served to be a Korean war veteran who had studied journalism. After his demise in the year 2015, Fey along with her brother Peter founded a memorial scholarship on his name. In order to aid veterans who desired to study journalism at Temple University, where their father had studied.
- Her charity work includes support of the organization Autism Speaks which sponsors research over autism. She also participated in a comedy benefit show Night of Too Many Stars in April 2008 for the cause of autism education.
- She is also referred to as “Betty” by some which is a nickname for her first name Elizabeth. Tina is actually her professional stage name.
- The movie Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is actually dedicated to the memory her father Donald who passed away in 2015.
- She is a member of the exclusive Five-timers club wherein only a limited people who have hosted Saturday Night Live Show. For a minimum of five times are eligible to hold membership. Fey has exactly hosted the show for five times.
For more freshly brewed content visit Aware earth