AICTE revises academic calendar.
AICTE is the constitutional body and the national-level council for technical education in the country.
The present chairman is Dr Anil Sahasrabudhe.
Overview of AICTE
AICTE stands for All India Council for Technical Education. It is the constitutional body and the national-level council for technical education in the country. AICTE started in November 1945 with the idea to encourage the development of the education system in India. However, AICTE has shown collaboration with the Department of Education as an advisory body, Ministry of HRD till 1987.
In 1987, AICTE became a constitutional body by an Act of Parliament. Now, it works more effectively. AICTE, as an autonomous body is responsible for authorizing all postgraduate and graduate programs. But, AICTE course programs are liable to the specific categories of technology for Indian institutions. Here, AICTE differs with UGC (University Grants Commission), as; UGC only accredits non-technical education in India.
AICTE Contribution and Achievements
AICTE provides technical education in India. However, AICTE keeps good interaction with development and planning. Primarily, AICTE, being the endorsing authority for institutions, schools and colleges give diplomas, undergraduate and postgraduate education.
In addition to the endorsement, AICTE shows deep involvement in training, research and development of technical education in the country. The major study areas are involved, like – science and engineering, commerce and industry trade, arts, medicine and healthcare, architecture, environment, vocational studies, management, food science, hospitality, and many more.
AICTE Structural Set Up
AICTE is located in New Delhi. Also, have various operational regional offices in different cities such as Bhopal, Chennai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Guwahati, Mumbai, Kanpur, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, and Kolkata.
AICTE comprises of eight sub-departments: 1. Administrative Bureau, 2. Academic Bureau, 3. Finance Bureau, 4. Planning and Coordination Bureau, 5. Management and Technology Bureau, 6. Engineering & Tech Bureau, 7. Quality Assurance Bureau, and 8. Research & Institutional Development Bureau.
AICTE Revises Academic Calendar
AICTE Revises the Academic Calendar for Academic Year 2020-21, to bring everything into workable mode after the COVID 19 lockdowns. The new session of AICTE, for the management institutes, will begin from August 1, 2020.
The latest revision of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) academic calendar reveals the joining dates for ongoing students. The students already pursuing the course will join the respective colleges from August 16, 2020. Each year, the classes resume on June 30 but this year, the classes will resume on July 31, due to coronavirus lockdown.
AICTE Revises Academic Calendar: Academic Schedule
The postponement of the academic schedule is due to the coronavirus pandemic. Classes for pharmacy, engineering, architecture and other courses will begin from August 16, 2020, for the existing students. But, for the new batch, classes will start from September 15, 2020, according to the latest schedule mentioned in the Revise Academic calendar 2020.
The new academic session 2020-2021 and teaching process will begin from September 15, 2020. This will include lateral entry to second-year courses for the students taking new admissions for courses other than PGDM and PGCM. For the rest, teaching will begin from August 15, 2020, according to the latest AICTE revise academic calendar 2020.
AICTE is making a request to all the colleges to complete the first round of counselling, thereafter start the admission process on or before August 30, 2020. Finally, the last date for students’ admission is September 15, 2020, as per the AICTE guidelines. However, admissions for open and distance learning courses will start on August 16, 2020.
AICTE in the revise academic calendar 2020, ask colleges to register students on a provisional basis if the result of the undergraduate course is not on release due to the lockdown. For this, students have to show a successful completion certificate by December 31, 2020.
AICTE Revises Academic Calendar: Fee Hike
AICTE in the earlier release of the calendar said the fees will not hike for the academic year 2020-21. But, now in the revise academic calendar 2020, the fee hike exists. Because the institutes have to pay salaries to its teachers. If the staff will not get the salary then it may lead to great stress and even starvation to the families of some of the staff members.
AICTE Revises Academic Calendar: Official Notification
AICTE Revises Academic Calendar: Gist with Dates
List of instructions given by AICTE to institutions, shown below:
- Institutions have to complete the first round of counselling/ admission for allotment of seats, on or before 30th August 2020.
- Institutions in anyways should complete the second round of counselling/ admission for allotment of seats: On or before September 10, 2020.
- For students the last date of admission against vacancies: September 15, 2020.
- The classes will Commence for existing students of technical courses except for PGDM/PGCM: August 16, 2020
- The commencement of the academic session for students and the teaching process including Lateral Entry to Second Year Courses for newly admitted students: September 15, 2020
- The Technical Institutions conducting PGDM/PGCM Courses shall not initiate the admission before: April 1, 2020
- Commencement of classes for existing students PGDM/PGCM: July 15, 2020
- Last date for students to cancel the seats of PGDM/PGCM with a full refund: August 5, 2020
- Last date up to which students can be admitted in Open and Distance Learning Courses: August 16, 2020, and February 15, 2021
- The academic session for the PGDM/ PGCM Courses for newly admitted students: August 1, 2020, to July 31, 2021.
- Admission ending date of PGDM/ PGCM Courses: August 10, 2020
The External Links are: